FS: J. Reynolds P-Bass w/ Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by teej, Jan 28, 2013.

1. teej

teej

Up for sale is my first bass. :crying:

It was a gift for my 16th birthday in 2002. I learned how to play on it, gave it some serious playing time, and have made a few upgrades since then. The finish on the back of the neck has been smoothed out a bit. Originally, it was kind of sticky. I converted it to string-through a few years ago and installed a Fender Deluxe bridge (part #005-8396-000). At one time, it had a Hipshot 2-string retainer, but I preferred the traditional-style one so I took the Hipshot back off and installed a Fender string retainer (installed, but not pictured). The pickups are Fender Original '62 (my TB review). Strap buttons have been replaced with larger black ones. White knobs and pickguard have been replaced as well. At one time, I had a tone bypass switch, but it wasn't doing much for me, so I filled the hole with an LED that does nothing, but if you ever put in a preamp, it might work as a battery indicator light or something. Pickup and control cavities have been shielded with copper foil tape (the conductive adhesive stuff from Stew-Mac).

The truss rod works perfectly. Tuners are solid. All the chrome is in great shape. The neck is straight with no twisting or warping and has a nice flame figure, which surprised me considering it's original price The body has a few dents, dings, and scratches but nothing major -- purely cosmetic. It's a very light poplar body. The only thing is that it won't come with strings. I removed them a couple of weeks ago to put on another bass.

[DEL]Asking $200 shipped.[/DEL] MAKE AN OFFER!
    Case not included. Will ship with neck and body detached to minimize the risk of damage. Includes a Fender vintage tweed strap.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. teej

teej

Added photos. If I get enough interest, I may be willing to part it out.
  3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I hope you can find someone to buy the whole thing...but if it comes to a part-out, I'm calling dibs on the '62 pickup. Good luck!
  4. teej

teej

MAKE AN OFFER!

All you need are a set of strings - Has Fender '62 pickups, Fender deluxe bridge, string-thru, full copper shielding, chrome knobs (originally had white strat-style ones), upgraded pots, pickguard, strap buttons, and I'll even throw in a Fender tweed strap. I've also got a roller string retainer that I'll swap for the traditional-style one if you wish.
  5. Register to disable this ad