1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

SOLD FS Jackson Concert XL Professional MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikenel169, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenel169

mikenel169 Supporting Member

Up for sale is a Jackson XL professional series. This bass is from the early 90s and was made in Japan. The pickups,bridge and all hardware is all original and in near perfect condition. Neck is straight and in perfect condition,passive pups sound killer! I would recommend a setup because this has been sitting a while.
    I purchased this bass a few months back from Guitar Center and it was originally painted a rootbeer color. I had it painted white from a local friend and it honestly came out good for the little amount spent but it could use a few more coats of clear coat. There are a few little nicks in the paint but all in all a great bass. I want to stress that the paint job is amateur and i tried to capture all flaws in the pics. There was also some damage right under the tone knobs where I had it sanded and painted. It looks as if where dropped by the previous owner (see page 16) http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/jackson-basses-part-2-a-1033213/index16.html but it is sanded and smoothed out. There werent any cracks in the body.

$365 bass only shipped CONUS/ Lower 48 only.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. mikenel169

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. mikenel169

Those are the nicks on the back of the bass. There are also 2 paint drips that are hard to get in the photos which is also only on the back of the bass. They really arent too noticable

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Very nice! I wish I could jump all over this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mikenel169

7. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

I used to have a Rhoads and a DKMG from this series. Nice instruments. The necks are fast and super easy to play and the fretwork is impeccable. I ended up selling because Jackson likes to put the deng volume knob right where my hand sits when I play. If the bass is anything like their guitars, it's probably a sick instrument. How would you describe the neck on the bass? Fat, thin, nut width, weight, etc.
  8. mikenel169

The nut looks to be 1.625" wide and the neck is fast and pretty thin. It feels like my old 2013 p bass, not heavy, fast neck and sounds beefy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. mikenel169

10. mikenel169

11. mikenel169

Price drop! Need it gone
  12. mikenel169