1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Jazz Bass Control Plate with Varitone and Series/Parallel Switch

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by tepperware, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepperware

tepperware Supporting Member

Hi all - as stated in the title, this control plate contains both a varitone and a series-parallel switch. From front to back, the controls are:

1) Concentric volumes for the two pickups
    2) Series/Parallel switch
    3) Standard tone control
    4) Varitone bypass
    5) Varitone control.

The varitone is the same one that can be heard here:

I think the guy that made these has dropped off the earth and is not making them anymore, so you won't see these for sale very often. The workmanship is outstanding.

I had this one made to my specs - I specifically asked for the standard tone control so that I could bypass the varitone and have all the "normal" jazz bass controls - V/V/T.

This unit can be dropped right into your jazz bass and has solderless connectors - it is super easy to install.

I'm asking $100 including shipping CONUS.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. tepperware

tepperware Supporting Member

Sold for $80 and on its way to Minnesota!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.