1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Jazz Bass / Telecaster Hybrid

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by hoffmanj, Dec 9, 2012.

1. hoffmanj

hoffmanj

This partscaster bass is what you’d get if a Blackguard Telecaster and a Jazz Bass had a baby,

The Jazz Bass body is a new 2012 model honey blonde USA Highway 1 with the nitro finish.

The neck is a brand new Warmoth Tele Bass neck, two piece birdseye maple / birdseye maple. 1 1/2" nut width, standard 34” scale, 6150 frets, 17.46mm tuner ream, 20 frets, straight 10" radius, black face dots inlay, standard steel truss rods. The neck is finished in Tru-oil and buffed to a smooth satin finish.

Bone nut cut and installed by Rob DiStefano in NJ, who also did the setup and electronics.

The volume controls are 2 Tele-style dome knobs (Callaham, I think – I’ve had them lying around a while), tone control is a Jazzmaster / Jaguar knob. Kind of looks like a Tele switch tip to me...

Black bakelite pickguard from WD.

Hipshot HB-2 Lollipop tuners

Pickups are Aguilar 4J-60s

Electronics are CTS pots and an orange drop cap.

All other hardware is new USA Fender except for the bridge, which I believe is a MIJ 80s model.

The bass comes set up with easy-playing low action. Weight is 9.8 lb.

There’s no case, but I will remove the neck (leaving the strings attached) and pack it securely in s smaller box. You’ll just need to place the neck back in the neck slot and screw the neck plate on. You can also pick up in the northern NJ area.

Price is $550 shipped / PayPal’d.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. hoffmanj

hoffmanj

It turns out that honey blond isn't an easy color to capture in a photo. I think my pics make it look more like desert sand, with more of an orange or brown tint.

It looks like this in person:

[​IMG]
  3. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

The Hiway One bodies have the vintage style routing I believe. A huge plus, IMO
  4. easye

easye Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Curt Mangan Strings, Luther Lee Pickups
    Where in nj?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Cool cool.
  7. hoffmanj

hoffmanj

Sorry - I somehow missed the email notification for new messages on this thread.

I'm in Secaucus but I work in Princeton, so I can be flexible for something in person.
  8. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Can you elaborate on "vintage style routing" and its advantages for those of us not in the know?
  9. hoffmanj

hoffmanj

10. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

It means you can take off the pick guard and not have the huge nasty channel routing from the back/bridge pick-up to the controls.
  11. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Thank you!

Pretty neck on the bass, by the way.