1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: Keeley Sparkle Drive, Mojo Hand Cream Pie

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by fivestringgecko, Sep 4, 2012.

1. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

This is the "too many overdrives and not enough octavers!" sale. lol Looking to get an Aguilar Octamizer and have too many overdrives, so these two are up on the block. Prices include CONUS shipping.

[DEL]Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive (with Robert Keeley TS9 Mods) - [DEL]$130[/DEL] $110[/DEL] Sold to derrico1! Thanks!
    Like new condition, no scratches or dings. I sent this Sparkle Drive to Robert Keeley for modding, which cost $60. He did quite a few internal mods, but the two biggies are that now it has twice the gain available as the original version and better low end response. The original is a great sounding overdrive, think of the modded version as the original after way too much caffeine and cigarettes! :bassist:

Mojo Hand Cream Pie (Xmas Cherry Sparkle) - [DEL]$200[/DEL] [DEL]$175[/DEL] [DEL]$165 shipped, final markdown[/DEL] Price drop to $150!

EDIT: I know I said that $165 was the last price drop, but I'm in a good mood and someone's missing out on a great overdrive. Plus, I'd rather keep this one in the Talkbass family rather than just posting it on Ebay. Soooo...... $150 shipped to your door.

If it helps, Grygrx did a nice demo/review of the pedal HERE. I did notice a bit more usability in the gain knob than he mentioned, difference in pickups maybe? Gain for me started kicking in around 2:00.

I got this Cream Pie from TB's own Valerus, and it's in excellent condition. It was missing a screw when Valerus got it, I pulled one out of another pedal and it now has all four (matching!) screws again. The Cream Pie seems to be almost as mythical around here as a BJFE Blueberry, and this is one of only ten made with the Xmas finish.

Still not really looking for trades unless you've got an Octamizer you might want to part with.

5sg.

[​IMG]
  2. fivestringgecko

Thursday morning "Restless Pedal Syndrome" bump, with a price drop.

No one's interested in the Cream Pie? And the Keeley is a steal for $110!

5sg.
  3. fivestringgecko

Friday a.m. bump.

Still surprised no one's interested... great overdrives!

EDIT: Pulled a matching screw from another pedal on the shelf, Cream Pie now has all four screws again. :)

5sg.
  4. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan Supporting Member

I'll trade you my Swollen Pickle for your Cream Pie. ;)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fivestringgecko

Sadly, I'm not a fuzz player... I tried a couple times and just couldn't get the effect to work for me. :meh: I sure appreciate the offer though! :)

I'm currently after an Octamizer... If someone has one and is in need/want of a killer overdrive, maybe a deal can be made....

5sg.
  7. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

PMed on the Sparkle Drive.
  8. fivestringgecko

Replied, sale pending on the Sparkle Drive to Derrico.

5sg.
  9. fivestringgecko

Sparkle Drive sold to derrico1! Thanks!

Cream Pie is still available!

5sg.
  10. fivestringgecko

Still no bites on the Cream Pie? It's a killer overdrive and it won't hurt my feelings to keep it, but I figure it could use a better home than a box on a shelf, right? Right now he only comes out for a Christmas gig or two. Lol

How about one final price drop to $165 shipped before I come to my senses and keep this guy?

Also if it helps make up any minds, Grygrx did a tasty demo here:

5sg.
  11. ShonnaFan

ShonnaFan Supporting Member

Can I use a Cream Pie with my Big Muff?
  12. fivestringgecko

I've never owned any variation of Muff pedal, but I don't see why not. The CPD stacks nice with other overdrives, don't see why it wouldn't work well with other fuzzes too...

5sg.
  13. fivestringgecko

Sunday bump on the Cream Pie.

5sg.
  14. fivestringgecko

All right kids, I know I said that was the last price drop, but I'm in a great mood today, getting ready for a gig. Just for kicks, I'll lower the Cream Pie to $150 shipped to your door. I'd much rather keep this pedal among the Talkbass ranks rather than do something like put it on Ebay.

5sg.