1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: KEN SMITH BURNER (4 string)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

I’m offering a great 1990 Ken Smith Burner 4-string in transparent red RW board. This one is definitely a player, one that has been played well and respected by its owners. The body shows many small dings, scratches, and fingernail marks. The "Ken Smith" logo on the pickups is very worn, but still legible. The neck is in great shape with lots of life left in the frets. No dings on the neck, just some light finish crazing on the edge of the fretboard from age.

All components are original with the exception of the recently replaced input jack. The bass features a 2-band EQ and the volume knob pulls up to bypass and play in passive mode.

This bass is an amazing player and has great low action with light gauge D'Addarios at the moment. This is one of the best basses for slapping that I have ever played and has INCREDIBLE tone. The balance and tone across the strings is very even. No neck dive or weight issues – it’s probably around 8-1/2 to 9 lbs.

Although I love this bass and have nothing but good things to say about it, I’m simply more into passive instruments. That said, this is by far the nicest sounding and playing active bass I’ve ever tried.

Asking $800 shipped to CONUS. Will ship in a padded gig bag. Trades, you ask? Prefer to sell, but you can always try me with something.

Attached Files:

2. rbeck47

More pics

Attached Files:

3. rbeck47

and more.....

Attached Files:

4. rbeck47

there's more....

Attached Files:

5. rbeck47

the last...

Attached Files:

6. jongor

jongor

what's the body wood?

Nut width, and neck shape?
  7. rbeck47

Neck width at the nut is 1.5" and the feel is much like a jazz bass. The neck is not chunky at all, but I'd say it is thin and fast. As for the wood, there is a fair amount of grain that shows through the red translucent finish, but it's hard to capture in pictures. Not sure, but I'd guess it's ash.

8. tightbidness

tightbidness

9. rbeck47

As per request, pic of the gig bag

Attached Files:

10. rbeck47

Bump for Bucky Badger - go Badgers!
  11. rbeck47

Bass is sold.