1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Ken Smith Compressor (.40-.125T)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by mgrewe12, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgrewe12

mgrewe12

For Sale. Shipped CONUS. I would prefer to do cash, but I'll take a check (will take a few extra days to make sure the check clears). Sorry, no Paypal for this guy.

The strings were wrapped on a Modulus Q5. It's a 35" scale bass with the ball end strung at the bridge. The strings were all wrapped at least 3 times around the post. I added a picture to show what the headstock looks like if your curious.

$20
    Ken Smith Compressor
    Extra light gauge (.40-.96) with a .125 taper core low B.
    Used for about one week.

Attached Files:

2. mgrewe12

mgrewe12

I don't have a lot of expierience with strings, but they are more like broken in round wound nickels. Here is a link to a youtube video of another talkbass member reviewing these strings (his review is of the GHS Pressurewounds, but they are the same string except different gauge and the Compressors have a taper core low b. GHS makes Ken Smith's strings). It should give you a great idea of it's tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1uINTqcp8

As for feel, they are likely as smooth as rounds as you are going to get without going to Thomastic Infeld rounds (never played em, but heard they have a tiny wrapping).

PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

3. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Pressurewounds are great strings. Very comfortable, sound great, last forever. I used one set with my fretless Jazz. nice string for that application. Easy on the fretboard.

4. mgrewe12

mgrewe12

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.