FS: Ken Smith Compressor (.40-.125T)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by mgrewe12, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgrewe12

mgrewe12

For Sale. Shipped CONUS. I would prefer to do cash, but I'll take a check (will take a few extra days to make sure the check clears). Sorry, no Paypal for this guy.

The strings were wrapped on a Modulus Q5. It's a 35" scale bass with the ball end strung at the bridge. The strings were all wrapped at least 3 times around the post. I added a picture to show what the headstock looks like if your curious.

$20
    Ken Smith Compressor
    Extra light gauge (.40-.96) with a .125 taper core low B.
    Used for about one week.

Attached Files:

2. mgrewe12

mgrewe12

I don't have a lot of expierience with strings, but they are more like broken in round wound nickels. Here is a link to a youtube video of another talkbass member reviewing these strings (his review is of the GHS Pressurewounds, but they are the same string except different gauge and the Compressors have a taper core low b. GHS makes Ken Smith's strings). It should give you a great idea of it's tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1uINTqcp8

As for feel, they are likely as smooth as rounds as you are going to get without going to Thomastic Infeld rounds (never played em, but heard they have a tiny wrapping).

PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

3. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Pressurewounds are great strings. Very comfortable, sound great, last forever. I used one set with my fretless Jazz. nice string for that application. Easy on the fretboard.

4. mgrewe12

mgrewe12

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.