SOLD FS: Kubicki Key Factor 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by headband, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headband

headband Supporting Member

For sale is my Kubicki Key Factor 5 string bass in red finish. I just don't play five string basses much, so it is time for this bass to go to someone that will play her.
    This Key Factor 5 is a joy to play, it has great neck feel, and with the six position selector switch with active/passive tone options, there is a surprising amount of tonal versatility available. All controls work as they should. Truss rod turns, neck is straight and has a very good feel. There are a few spots on the neck where the finish is worn but this does not affect the feel, which is very satiny smooth.
    The body shows some wear. There is a crack in the finish between the volume and tone control knobs, and there is a crack on the upper part of the body near the pickups (can be seen in the photos). I just had a luthier go over these spots and they are stable, no issues other than looks, these are still pretty minor and not visible at all from a few feet.
    18 volt electronics, made in January of 1995, this is one of the early key factors.

Specs:
    Neck: Hard rock maple; bolt on
    Fingerboard: Laminated hard rock maple or East indian rosewood; 7 1/2 inch radius
    Nut: Phenolic
    Scale Length: 34 inches
    Number of Frets: 24; side dash (TM) position markers
    Truss Rod: Single; adjustable at headstock
    Tuners: Schaller custom designed
    Neck Width at Nut: 1 3/4 inches
    Neck Width at 24th: 2 7/8 inches
    Bridge: Hard-coat anodized super-alloy aluminium with individually adjustable saddle barrels
    Bridge Spacing: .700 inch
    Pickups: Two Kubicki humcancelling
    Controls: Two stacked pots (Vol./Pan, Treble/Bass boost); rotary selector switch with three passive, two active and standby playing positions
    Overall Length: 46 3/4 inches
    Body Length: 19 1/2 inches
    Body Width: 13 1/2 inches
    Body Depth: 1 5/8 inches
    Weight: 8 1/2 lbs. on digital bathroom scale
    You can see my photos here:

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/john_gillespie1/slideshow/Kubicki Key Factor 5

[​IMG]

Price is $750 shipped in a gig bag. CONUS only, no international sales.

2. headband

3. factorplayer

factorplayer

I ain't called the Factorplayer for nuthin... :D

4. headband

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.