1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Kubicki Key Factor 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by headband, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headband

headband Supporting Member

For sale is my Kubicki Key Factor 5 string bass in red finish. I just don't play five string basses much, so it is time for this bass to go to someone that will play her.
    This Key Factor 5 is a joy to play, it has great neck feel, and with the six position selector switch with active/passive tone options, there is a surprising amount of tonal versatility available. All controls work as they should. Truss rod turns, neck is straight and has a very good feel. There are a few spots on the neck where the finish is worn but this does not affect the feel, which is very satiny smooth.
    The body shows some wear. There is a crack in the finish between the volume and tone control knobs, and there is a crack on the upper part of the body near the pickups (can be seen in the photos). I just had a luthier go over these spots and they are stable, no issues other than looks, these are still pretty minor and not visible at all from a few feet.
    18 volt electronics, made in January of 1995, this is one of the early key factors.

Specs:
    Neck: Hard rock maple; bolt on
    Fingerboard: Laminated hard rock maple or East indian rosewood; 7 1/2 inch radius
    Nut: Phenolic
    Scale Length: 34 inches
    Number of Frets: 24; side dash (TM) position markers
    Truss Rod: Single; adjustable at headstock
    Tuners: Schaller custom designed
    Neck Width at Nut: 1 3/4 inches
    Neck Width at 24th: 2 7/8 inches
    Bridge: Hard-coat anodized super-alloy aluminium with individually adjustable saddle barrels
    Bridge Spacing: .700 inch
    Pickups: Two Kubicki humcancelling
    Controls: Two stacked pots (Vol./Pan, Treble/Bass boost); rotary selector switch with three passive, two active and standby playing positions
    Overall Length: 46 3/4 inches
    Body Length: 19 1/2 inches
    Body Width: 13 1/2 inches
    Body Depth: 1 5/8 inches
    Weight: 8 1/2 lbs. on digital bathroom scale
    You can see my photos here:

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/john_gillespie1/slideshow/Kubicki Key Factor 5

[​IMG]

Price is $750 shipped in a gig bag. CONUS only, no international sales.
  2. headband

3. factorplayer

factorplayer

I ain't called the Factorplayer for nuthin... :D
  4. headband

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.