1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS- Lakland 55-01 $475 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 5stringthumpin, Mar 26, 2014.

1. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

So I have a Lakland 55-01 for sale that's a bit of a hybrid. Allow me to explain...

The body of this bass is from a Korean made 55-01 loaded with the Bartolini pups and preamp. The neck is from an Indonesian made 55-02. I bought the 55-01 with the maple neck so I could swap necks with my 55-02, which was a success. The rosewood neck needed a better fit to the Korean 55-01 body, so my friend Jeff Lakata, a pro luthier here in jersey, filled the holes in the body joint with hardwood wooden dowels and re drilled the holes to better fit the Indonesian neck. Done deal

The bass plays fantastic, like it was born that way. I took some pics of the joint to try and show a minuscule gap between body and neck. It's tight and solid, a pro swap job. In some ways the best of both worlds, a Bartolini loaded body with a PLEKED Indonesian neck.

I'm asking 475 shipped conus through paypal, comes with a gator case. I will post a link to the pics of all the work done. Offers welcome but no trades please thanks! ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395845578.120108.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395845590.785935.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1395845599.869877.jpg

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    That's a great price. Should go fast!

3. 5stringthumpin

4. 5stringthumpin

wow deal already pending!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    AFM 72-147 union card-carrying liberal academic musician
    Some one is getting a fab deal. I have an MIK 55-01D with rosewood. Great bass.

7. 5stringthumpin

And sold heading to BAHston :) I'll leave the thread open for 24 hours then close it.

8. Buskman

Buskman

Darn it - missed this one. And I'm in Jersey, too! :(

Someone's getting a stellar deal.