1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Lakland 55-01; sunburst, rosewood board; upgraded Glockenklang pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Perytion, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Perytion

Perytion

Up for sale is my Lakland 55-01 in a beautiful sunburst finish and a rosewood fingerboard. I'm the original owner, bought the bass new in 2002. It's a Korean made model.

I know I have no feedback here on TB (this is my first sale), so I'll try to describe the condition of the bass to the best of my ability. It's a great bass, I just don't play a 5-string these days. So I want this bass to go to a good home, and I want whoever buys it to be happy with their purchase.

This bass feels great in your hands; Lakland really makes some amazing necks! The fingerboard has very little wear and the frets are looking good. The neck is straight and comfy. The action may be a little high for some (I prefer it that way), but that can be adjusted pretty easily. No fret buzz unless you REALLY dig in hard. I installed some new Lakland medium gauge nickels about a month ago.

The finish is very nice. There is a little bit of players wear, but no major gashes or gauges. Just some little hairline scratches on the surface of the finish, and a couple of pea-sized dents that don't go through the finish. There are, however, some blemishes that go through the finish around the control-holes; this happened when I installed the new pre-amp, but these flaws are not visible at all because they are covered by the knobs.

Electronically, the bass has some issues. I upgraded the pre to a Glockenklang 3-band (which I bought new from a fellow TB'er), which is a huge tonal improvement over the stock MK1. I think I didn't ground it properly, however, as the bass emits a considerable amount of noise when you're NOT TOUCHING the strings or bridge, etc. When your fingers are on the strings the noise is gone. Again, this is probably a grounding issue, and could probably be fixed with a little know-how.

The pups are stock Bartolini MK1's. Ships in a SKB hardshell case.

I'm asking $550 shipped conus, but I might be willing to negotiate a little. Please feel free to ask any questions!

And now, some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

Nice bass, with a nice upgrade.
    Nice price too

3. Perytion

Perytion

Thanks for the thoughts Gecko 5!

Sunday night bump.

4. Perytion

Perytion

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. basslyon

basslyon

Disclosures:
    Non fosters drinking alcoholic.
    I hate Xmas... Takes all my money... Any other month of the year this would be over.

7. Perytion

Perytion

I know what you mean. If it were any other month, I wouldn't be selling ;)

8. Perytion

Perytion

9. benlauziere

benlauziere

If I sell my bass in time, I'll buy it for sure !!! Very nice bass and nice price !

10. Perytion

Perytion

Sounds good. Just out of curiosity, what are you selling?

11. benlauziere

benlauziere

An American Standard Precision Bass, 1996. It's hard to sell cauz the previous owner added a bridge pickup but so close to the bridge its almost on it ahaha !

12. Perytion

Perytion

That's too bad about the weird pickup routing. GLWTS.

Oh, and an update for everyone: I'm driving down to California today to visit family. I won't be back until late on Tuesday, so if I don't respond to PMs right away it's not because I'm ignoring you. I just won't be checking my email much while I'm away.

I'll update this thread when I get back.

13. benlauziere

benlauziere

Thanks man ! GLWTS to !

14. Perytion

Perytion

Back from California bump!

All PM's responded to. There may be a deal in the works, but for now this bass is available.

15. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    Buy it. Buy it buy it buy it.

16. Perytion

Perytion