1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Lakland 5501 MK5s and LH3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drpepper, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Lakland Skyline 55-01 Sunburst

Late 2010 Indo, Plek'd and shipped in 2011

Upgraded with Bartolini MK5 pickups and Lakland/Hanson LH3 Preamp. Pups are wired series with a two-position switch between dual coil and single coil (outer coils). The switch is set in the same location as on the 55-02.

35" Scale
    Comfortable 1.81" width at the nut
    19mm spacing at the bridge

I don't have a 1/10 lb accurate scale, but this is a lighter one, I believe closer to 9 lbs than in the other direction.

I have it set up for a few different looks, 55-94/02 knobs, a set of small soft-touch knobs, and a J style pick guard that has a nice friction fit. I set the pick guard up with screw heads, so it looks like it's screwed on (no holes/no adhesive). I'm not a master craftsman, and the job on the faux screws isn't flawless on close inspection.

The bass is in great shape. The tip of the headstock got a bump that chipped a bit. It's not deep and not apparent from a couple feet away. I tried to take a super close up picture showing the damage.

Ships in the original packaging.

$685 plus actual UPS ground from 21045, CONUS, Paypal (to confirmed address)

[​IMG]

A shot with the PG on
    [​IMG]

Soft-touch knobs
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]