1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Lakland Skyline 5501

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sigam68, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigam68

sigam68 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Up goes my last Korean made Lakland, as much as I would like to keep it I'm really more of a 4 string guy. Given the quality of basses that are put up here I will say that this definitely not a mint bass, this is a player's bass and it shows.

Some info on the bass, it is a 2005 Korean made 55-01. It is stock with the the bartolini mk1 pickups and preamp. The only mod done to the bass is the black strap locks by the previous owner, I am the second owner. It is currently strung up with DR Loriders if I recall correctly and less than an hour or two of playtime on them.

The bass has some wear nothing that ever bothered me or affects the playability of the bass but I will detail it to the best of my ability. It is black with a maple neck. I will post additional pictures in the morning as well as outline the wear on the bass.

I am asking $600 local Los Angeles sale only, the one time I shipped a bass was my worst experience on here so I do not wish to do that. I would much rather someone check it out in person than being emailed that I forgot to mention the 1mm scratch on the jack plate when dealing with shipping. If you are interested, have any questions just PM me.

[​IMG]
  2. sixstringpoet

sixstringpoet Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Nice one, but check the price.
  3. sigam68

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

thanks, price has been corrected
  4. sigam68

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    You can see some of the "wear" on the neck
    [​IMG]
    The finish around the some of the bolts has worn off
    [​IMG]
    Towards the bottom of the control cavity some of the finish has worn off was well.
    [​IMG]
    Some finish near the truss rod access has worn off as well
    [​IMG]
    Probably my favorite part if this bass, the fretboard
    [​IMG]
    This is probably the most significant "damage" nothing that bothered me but then again that's just me. There are two small scratches behind the 9th fret marker
    [​IMG]
  5. Matt R

Matt R Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Nice bass!!
  6. sigam68

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

This has been sold,
Thread Status: