1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Lakland Skyline AC/DJ4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by msquared, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msquared

msquared Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

TL;DR - $1050. I'll cover insured shipping within CONUS. Excellent condition, comes with gig bag and strap locks. I mainly need the money for this but would consider certain specific five string trades.

These were limited edition basses made a while ago based on a custom ash+maple Darryl Jones with some cosmetic and functional mods which was commissioned by Adam Clayton. In the case of the Skylines, there are these deviations from the normal DJ4s:
    - Flatter fretboard (similar radius to JO4s)
    - No neck binding
    - Higher grade maple neck with black blocks
    - Lighter overall
    - Natural finish

What makes this particular one awesome?
    - It weighs 7.5 lbs
    - It's got one of the nicest grain patterns I've seen on any of the AC/DJ4s
    - I put chrome Schaller straplocks on after getting it (and will include the strap hardware, of course)
    - I've fixed the ground hum problem that a lot of DJ4s have

Mine is in essentially new condition. There are no dings or scrapes or scuffs that I'm aware of aside from some light scuffing on the pickguard that is almost impossible to photograph without some lighting trickery. It was babied before I got it and it's babied since.

Like it says up top, I will send this directly to your home or workplace in the continental US via insured UPS ground for $1050, which was what I paid for it. I really am only selling this because real life is intruding and I need the money so willingness to trade is very limited and cash is going to be king. That said, I'd consider five string Dingwalls or jazz basses. I'd almost certainly trade for the right Precision Deluxe (with bridge humbucker).

The original sale thread was http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-lakland-skyline-dj4-917073/ and you can see pics there. It looks exactly the same. I'll get some more up later this evening if anyone's curious.
  2. msquared

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

On hold... already.
  3. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I have on of these guys; they're awesome, awesome basses. Looks like you don't need a GLWTS...
  4. msquared

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Yeah, an hour and eight minutes? Not bad, guys.

This is off to Washington. I'll miss it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.