1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub MIK with extras - cheap!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by friskinator, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

*SOLD* Up for sale is a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub Precision, black with rosewood board and tort guard. Made in Korea with a 2008 serial number. I picked this one up from a local Craigslist seller, but I already own 2 P-basses and don't really need to keep it.

Overall, she's in good shape, but if you don't mind some honest player wear and "mojo," this is the P for you! The previous owner was obviously a heavy pick player, and you can definitely see some finish swirling/etching near the upper horn. There's also a pretty good amount of buckle rash on the back, but nothing that goes through to the wood. When I got it home, I spent a couple hours cleaning it up (cleaned/oiled fretboard, polishing, etc.), and aside from the scratches and dings, it looks pretty good. It was hard to get the imperfections to show up in pics (it's black, after all). There are only a couple noticeable finish dings on the front, but none that go into the wood

The neck is fairly clean, but it has some scratches and dings along the back. I played it at home, and they didn't bother me. Nothing too major, and the headstock is pretty clean.

There are a few mods to mention:
    -The pickguard is missing 4 screws. The PG was also drilled for a pickup cover, and I'm fairly certain those holes go into the body. The previous owner added a thumb rest, and I believe those screws are also drilled into the body.
    -The knobs have been replaced with some smaller silver ones with a tort cap to match the PG.
    -The strap buttons have been replaced with Schaller straplock buttons. The previous owner did a bit of a sloppy job with this (they apparently used some sort of glue/epoxy to hold them in place), but it's not noticeable until you get close.

Weight is 9.5 lbs on my digital luggage scale, and this one has the 1.75 nut width. I believe it has the Hanson Neo-Punch pickup (it has the red/black wires).

I'm also throwing in a really nice Levy's leather strap - it's wide width, and it already has the chrome Schaller straplock ends installed. I'll ship with a basic Fender gig bag.

Asking $650 shipped in the CONUS via PayPal. No trades. Any questions, please PM and I'll get back to you ASAP. I can also provide more pics on request.

Attached Files:

2. friskinator

More pics:

Attached Files:

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

4. jonnymac101881

jonnymac101881 Supporting Member

Any of the epoxy job for the strap buttons? Not sure why you'd need epoxy for that unless they completely stripped out the body. Where are you located?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. friskinator

Here are a couple pics of the strap buttons. That spot on the side of the upper horn is a reflection, not a chip in the finish. I'm located in Atlanta, GA.

Attached Files:

7. friskinator

Bump for a pic of the Levy's strap with Schaller straplocks - included in the sale! ImageUploadedByTalkBass1387292094.056241.jpg

8. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy

9. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Trade for an MIJ Jazz?

10. friskinator

No trades on this one, but thanks for the offer!

11. jbassmaniac

jbassmaniac REPRESENTING THE LOW END TO NO END! Supporting Member

Bump for a workhorse beauty. I love the black w tort and rosewood. GLWTS

12. friskinator

Bump for a "clean bill of health" diagnosis from my local repair tech. I took it in to make sure there were no neck issues, and it's all good.

Feel free to make me an offer while I'm still in the holiday spirit!

13. mikeruss

mikeruss Supporting Member

14. friskinator

This one is sold pending payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.