1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Lakland USA Seafoam Green 44-94

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BKing, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKing

BKing

Just picked up this Lakland 44-94 a little over a week ago; bought it brand spankin' new. It's a wonderful instrument, but I've just come too accustomed to a jazz neck and the typical Fenderish arm contour. Plus, I have my eyes set on a new prize that I've got some serious GAS for (see possible trade below). So, this one is already up for sale. Awesome Seafoam Green with an optional mint pickguard (see pics below; includes screws if you want to attach it), LH-3 pups and pre-amp, graphite reinforced quartersawn maple neck with birdseye maple board, weighs 7.5 lbs, includes the OHSC with case candy. This bass has barely been played - whoever ends up with this is essentially getting a new bass. TRADED! The only bass I'll accept for trade is a Lull M4V with a maple board and a orange, blue, turqoise or red finish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    BK
  2. Moooon

Moooon

wow nice.
  3. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Yowzas! Love the color!!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I just met my first Lakland today and I can't get it out of my head, so, free bump!
  7. cecilbishoff

cecilbishoff Supporting Member

Very nice. If it was a 5 I'd be all over it.
  8. NeckPickup

NeckPickup Supporting Member

FWIW, I own a 55-94 and hated the shallow arm contour for the first few months, enough so that I was sure I'd sell it. You can even find a thread I started here about it. But I got some good advice, which is to allow a few months to get used to it, and now I think I actually prefer it to a deep contour. So don't let that stop you if you like it. The MM pickup along with the Lakland/Hanson pre sound absolutely killer. I only use a little of the J pup and I've found my sound on this bass: clean but full and rich. You won't regret the 44-94 either, it's much easier to find strings for than the fiver!
  9. BKing

BKing

Yeah, I actually posted on your thread and do think I would be fine with it - it's not a major issue for me. And I totally agree that the LH-3 pre is excellent. But, it's more than just the contour; otherwise, I'd still be holding on to it. I just prefer jazz necks (you'd think I would've figured that out by now) and am really gassing for a Lull M4V. In fact, I couldn't help but notice you have a Lull for your avatar . . .:bag:.

BK
  10. jacochops

jacochops

11. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

PM sent with a Lull idea. Funny part is, I was just in burlington, NC 8 hours ago.
  12. BKing

BKing

Tons of PMs - all replied to now. Thanks for all of the interest. Looks like I have a couple of options to chose from - just gotta decide.:help: Stay tuned, but it looks like the 44-94 will be leaving soon regardless of what I decide to do.

BK
  13. BKing

BKing

This bass has been traded - it's on its way to SC.
    Thanks,
    BK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.