1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Lindy Fralin Jazz Set w/ Raised Poles & 8% Overwound

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Awesome Sauce, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Excellent condition single coil set w/ only some light scuffing/scratching to the shells by the outer strings that was difficult to photograph.

8% Overwind gives you a bit more mids and output, but a tad less highs. Personally, I found these to give a perfect texture- nice and throaty, w/ a "GRR GRR" growl, but a nicely rounded top end w/ good bark and bite, not compressed or abruptly "cut-off." Great for fingerstyle w/ '70s spacing! And the raised A+D poles virtually eliminate any volume discrepancies between strings on tight (7.25"-10") radius fingerboards.

Neck leads are 9" long, bridge + is 9", - is 8".

Asking [DEL]$140[/DEL]$125 shipped ConUS, PayPal'd; but I'm always willing to hear offers- via PM please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Rob
    :bassist:

2. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Price drop! Now $125 shipped ConUS!

Rob

3. ahollowhd

ahollowhd Supporting Member

How wide is "70's spacing"?

4. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

The pickups are standard Fender size, 1 short/ 1 long; my comment referred to playing basses w/ '70s p/up spacing, i.e., the bridge p/up ~3/8"-1/2" closer to the bridge. The overwind gives a nice driving tone that accentuates the mids w/o the burp while taming the harshness of the high end. IME, IMO, YRMV, etc., etc.

Rob

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Reprise

Reprise Supporting Member

PM sent w/ some questions about application. Local Sale potential as well.

7. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

[DEL]Pending local sale[/DEL] Sold locally to fellow TBer.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.