1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Lots of stuff (remodel cleanout) - 12/6/1 cabs, amps, more

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by craigb, Oct 29, 2013.

1. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Hey Y'all,

We are looking at doing a remodel of the house to accomodate a parent moving in with us, and that's going to cost me my inside gear storage location. I've accumulated a bunch of gear over the years but will be stripping down to the bare minimum I need because I don't want to pay to rent climate controlled storage for this stuff and I don't want to store it in the garage attic (Houston heat in there is brutal). The cabinets are local-only as I'm not looking to ship those but can figure out the rest. I'll take pics of whatever you want and these prices are not including shipping at this point (for some I may include shipping, for others we may need to negotiate it depending on how big/heavy the thing is).

I had a few things as "local only" but after requests I checked and I do have packing materials for the 12/6/1 so I guess I can ship it and I can locate boxes for the wedges or the cables if those are of interest to folks. I also moved stuff around this weekend and figured out exactly what I can fit in my remaining location and figured out I can keep one 12/6/1 and a couple of heads to go with it . . . (whoo hoo!).

The list:

• [DEL]LDS 12/6/1 (rhino) similar to fEarful cube: $400[/DEL]*** SOLD ***
    • [DEL]LDS 12/6/1 (rhino) #2 - rubber feet on bottom & side that allow tweeter/mid at the top - tray handles - mid & high knobs on crossover: $400 local only (no packing materials to ship this one)[/DEL] Moved to separate thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-lds-12-6-1-fearful-cube-shape-1028663/
    • [DEL]2x Yorkville YM112 PA wedge monitors (1x12+tweet): $120 ea[/DEL] keeping - too useful to have around
    • [DEL]speaker cables: 2x40' speakon, 2x20' speakon, 1x20' 1/4" nice heavyweight PA cables: $100[/DEL] keeping for use w/monitors
    • [DEL]Kustom KBX-500 microhead 500W @ 4Ohms: $250[/DEL] keeping
    • [DEL]Carvin BX-1500 lightweight 1500W@ 4Ohms bridged head: $400 [/DEL] moved to separate thread: www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-carvin-bx1500-1028667
    • [DEL]Peavey IPR-3000 lightweight power amp (non-DSP): $300[/DEL] moved to separate thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-peavey-ipr3000-power-amp-non-dsp-1030249
    • [DEL]Pignose Hog 30 rechargeable bass combo: $110[/DEL] moved to separate thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-pignose-hog-30-battery-rechargeable-amp-1030254
    • G&L soft-side case (not a gig bag): $75
    • [del]G&L gig bag: $50[/del]
    • Markbass velcro tilt-back wedge: $25 - shipped
    • Carvin FS-22 footswitch: $25 - shipped
    • 3-space shallow Gator molded rack case: $85
    • [del]3-space Gator rack bag: $65[/del]
    • [DEL]2-space Pearson simple case (wood, ratfur, no lids): $15[/DEL] keeping for BX1500
    • Fostex MR8-HD in hardshell tool case: $100
    • rack shelf & [DEL]BX500 rack kit[/DEL]

Everything is in good shape although some of the cases are a bit dusty (that's why I need to verify if the molded case is 3 or 4 space - it's in the attic).

No trades unless you want to trade enough stuff for a Big Al 4 SSS, G&L L2K w/K switching & 1.5" nut width, Lakland HB 30, or G&L Tribute JB-2 in natural/rw.

A couple of things I would consider in trade in addition to the cool basses, now that I think about it:
    - Avatar B12 cube (the old/original "cube" one, not the current rectangular one)
    - Carvin BR12 or NB120 combo (I'd turn it into an extension cab for my modified BR12 combo)

Like I said shipping is negotiable as is bundling (ie head X in rack Y). After getting the 1st 12/6/1 packed and shipped I realized I'd let the other go, albeit locally since I no longer have the packing for it. If I sell it I'll see if I can squeeze the monitors into the space I had set up for the 12/6/1 since I've had so many uses for those over the years if not lately.
  2. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    220   0   0

Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    damn; great deal on the LDS 12/6/1's
    put up pix!
  3. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Pignose pix, please...
  4. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

I'm taking Friday off so I'll get pics up then and confirm the rack sizes
  5. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

While digging through my pile'o'gear in the corner I found something else that can go. This is a Fostex MR-8HD multitrack recorder that uses an internal hard disk for recording (40G). IIRC it does 4 simultaneous tracks and you can use USB to download the tracks to a computer. I used it occasionally for live stereo recording, never really took advantage of the multitrack capabilities. Can't remember the last time I used it (I have a little Zoom recorder I use all the time).

I'll include the hard tool case that it's in and let's say $100 - shipping negotiated just like everything else

Attached Files:

6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

I can't remember exactly when I got this. It's a G&L labelled "soft case" -- the molded interior of a hard case but with a durable fabric exterior instead of hard plastic/wood. I've kept it around because I'm such a fan of all things G&L but I never use it and I don't have space -- it could go in the attic with the hard cases but I'd rather send it out to someone who will use it.

It does show a little wear on the front but all the zippers are good. It has D-rings for backpack straps and the straps are in the case. There is some bubble wrap in the "bass body" cavity which is the white stuff in the pic.

Attached Files:

7. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

This is a funky cool thing Markbass put out for a while to tiltback your cab or combo. I'm a big believer in not just pounding sound at my ankles so I had to have one. I've moved on to using other things but still had this around. I don't think they make them any more.

Attached Files:

8. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Like new, used maybe twice. FS22 footswitch works with the BX1500 and with the BX500 I installed in a BR12 combo. I prefer to just reach down and flip the switches for mute, etc. rather than carry the extra footswitch. But it works fine and does exactly what it's supposed to.

Attached Files:

• fs22.jpg
      fs22.jpg
      File size:
      314.1 KB
      Views:
  9. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

3-space Gator rack (a little bit dusty)
    a rack shelf
    rack kit for Carvin BX500

Those can all go in the attic but I don't see myself using them any time soon so they can go if someone wants/needs them.

the cables -- I had those PA cables made for me. I can't remember who made them (it was before I started using gmail, apparently) but they are made with very nice materials and cost me $192 at the time (which was cheap compared with getting them commercially from a retailer). Great cables, just a little hefty to ship (although I guess if you wanted to pay the freight, I could package them and send them - they aren't bulky like the monitors & 12/6/1(s)).
  10. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    155   0   0

I have the twins to your little Yorkie monitors ... they were a very pleasant surprise when I bought them used .. BTW, you have them listed as YM115's, they are actually
    Y112M's ... that Performance Series gear kind of runs under the radar
  11. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

You're right - I don't know why I typed YM115 (now fixed). Maybe it's because I always wanted to get a pair of those to go with my YM112s so I could handle small PA duty fully.
  12. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

I'm willing to ship anything (found packing for the 12/6/1) and figured out I could keep more than I originally thought.
  13. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

After shipping the 1st 12/6/1 I realized I'm willing to let the second go - although it's local only as I don't have packing material for it. Maybe I can keep the wedges in the space I had allocated for the 12/6/1
  14. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Got the first LDS cab. Thanks, Craig!
  15. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Monday bump
  16. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

How deep is the Pearson simple rack? And how much for shipping to 16510?
  17. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

BX500 rack kit *** SOLD ***
  18. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Fostex MR8HD *** SOLD ***