FS: LowEnd OM Holly 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Strokey, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Strokey

Strokey Supporting Member

I just received this bass, and I love it. However, I just got another OM, so I am putting this one up for sale. See the specs below.

This is a 2010 NAMM bass.
    Specs are...

5 string
    Holly top and back
    Alder core
    34 scale
    Purple heart B type neck with maple fretboard
    LEJ 2 band pre with master volume/blend
    Series/parallel switch

Has a few marks on her but is in great shape (see the attached link for details). The input jack has been replaced.

See the link below where I purchased her.
    I am looking to sell her for what I paid, $1800 (great price for this bass; she is worth more in my opinion). If you are interested, we can discuss shipping. Feel free to PM me with questions.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/lowend-om-holly-5-fs-876797/

Attached Files:

2. Strokey

Friday Bump! I will listen to cash offers, send them if you've got them.
  3. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

String spacing at bridge?
  4. Strokey

Sorry for the delay. The bass has a Hipshot Bridge with adjustable saddles from 18 to 19 spacing.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Strokey

This bass is still available. She has a gorgeous top and a very fast neck. I promise you won't be dissapointed.
  7. Strokey

Make me an offer. I may consider trading down (5 strings only) +cash, but I prefer a straight out sale.
  8. Strokey

So, I have received the same question from a few people so I figured I would post the answer. I keep getting asked if I could compare and contrast the differences in tone of the Holly and Walnut OMs. The walnut OM is very versatile, which is due to the preamp and all of the knobs and switches. The 2/3 band eq really allows for a vintage tone (2 band setting) or a modern tone (3 band setting). The walnut bass can go from a growly low tone to a very smooth fluid tone. It can dial in any sound. Now, the holly bass is growly and not as smooth. It also doesn't have the versatile tone of the walnut bass. But, the holly bass is lighter and the neck plays faster. So, each of the basses have their positives and negatives.

Overall, both basses are unique and awesome. They are both beautiful and sound great and the craftmanship is outstanding. Someone will be very happy.