1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: MarkBass/Bergantino Rig

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by smgleitch, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smgleitch

smgleitch

For sale -
    MarkBass F1 in very good condition just normal wear. Never really pushed hard only left my house maybe a dozen times for gigs.
    Bergantino stack in excellent condition. HT210S and HT112S with padded Bergantino covers. Same as above never really pushed hard and only left my house maybe a dozen times.

This gear was purchased off another TB'er a few years ago. I really love this combination and would say it is the best rig I have ever played through. It has never really been pushed very hard because it is so clear, deep and punchy you really don't have to turn this up to much for the bass to carry. I am always asked to turn it down a bit even when playing an outdoor show last summer. It truly is an awesome rig.

So why am I selling? Well it is pretty simple. The band I was playing with broke up at the end of the summer season and I just cant seem to find anything interesting now. I am not playing it and don't see anything in the future so it is time to more this on to another player that can get some good use out of it. These cabs are incredibly rare and the thought of them collecting dust in the corner doesn't sit well with me.

The MarkBass should be very familiar to anyone reading this. The cabs might be something not everyone has heard of. In essence these are the modular version Jim made of the HT322. Most everyone who has ever played that rig will tell you that it is the very best cab they have ever played, but at almost 100 lbs it becomes overwhelming to move around. These are the same sound in a portable package. Two 50 lb cabs that are only 11.5 inches deep makes an easy load in and out. I remember the first time I saw them and thought no way was this going to produce anything deep sounding and I was so blown away when I heard them. They really are awesome.

Ok so the bottom line, sale details.

I would like to sell these locally, northwest Ohio area, and I am willing to drive a bit to meet if you are serious. As far as shipping goes just not sure that right now I want to deal with packaging and shipping. As well I would prefer to sell the rig as one piece, but would be willing to separate the head and cabs if you are interested in one or the other. As far as separating the cabs I really really really do not want to do that. It is not that I cannot sell them separately, but they are such a fantastic match I just can't seem separating them. They sound great each by themselves and I have played them that way, but together they truly are something special.

Price would be $1100 for the rig complete, or if seperated I would be looking to get $400 for the F1 and $800 for the cabs. Not looking for any trades, cash or PayPal only.

I will answer all emails and can provide more photos on request.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. basser05

basser05 Supporting Member

I have the ht322 and I would love to swap it for 2 cabs like these...only weighing 140 soaking wet doesn't help any tho! Lol
  3. smgleitch

smgleitch

Jim really makes the best sounding cabs I have ever played on. The quality of his stuff is amazing. Someday I will for sure buy another Bergantino.
  4. basser05

The 322 is the only one I've had the pleasure of playing, but I can only imagine the others! I wish it was a little lighter for sure lol but other than that it is great!
  5. smgleitch

smgleitch

Super Bowl Bump!!!!
  6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Media:
    That is a killer rig, wish I could take one or both items off of your hands. Maybe if something that I have up for sale sells, I might be venturing north.

How far is Napoleon from Cincy?
  7. smgleitch

smgleitch

Napoleon is just west of Toledo, OH. Takes us about 3 hours to get to Cincy! Let me know starting to get some interest.
  8. smgleitch

smgleitch

9. smgleitch

smgleitch

It's a Saturday, getting ready for some live music tonight, bump!!!
  10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Media:
    I'm out another deal came thru.
  11. smgleitch

smgleitch

Cool. Thanks for looking hope you got something good.
  12. smgleitch

smgleitch

Make an offer, might just take it.
  13. smgleitch

smgleitch

OK so I am going to do a price drop to try to get these sold locally this weeked.

$350 for the head

$600 for both the cabs

$900 for the whole rig

This is firm, first with cash gets it.
  14. smgleitch

smgleitch

Don't think I mentioned it but the cabs come with the original bergantino padded covers as well.
  15. smgleitch

smgleitch

The MarkBass is sold pending payment!!!

The Bergantiono cabs are still available.

I will update again after payment and shipping on the head.
  16. smgleitch

smgleitch

The MarkBass is officially sold!!!
  17. basser05

Are the cabs 4 or 8 ohms? I'm assuming 8 if u were using the markbass with them, but I have been wrong before lol
  18. smgleitch

smgleitch

The cabs are 8 ohms. The 112 is rated at 400 watts and the 210 is 500 watts.
  19. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

11.5" deep: do they handle a low B easily? Can you give the other dimensions, please?
  20. smgleitch

smgleitch

Dimensions are 23" x 18" x 11.5" I do not play a 5 string, but they have incredible depth and can only imagine a low B would be easy for them. The low end and volume that is produced by these cabs is unreal. Tone is smooth, clean and low. I get compliments every time I play this rig. Jim Bergantino is a master at building cabs, and these might be the best he ever produced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.