FS Markbass F1 with bag $400 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by scottiwkt, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottiwkt

scottiwkt Supporting Member

The mighty Markbass F1 with Markbass bag...500 watts and under 5 lbs...a lot of thump and punch in a tiny package. This amp can fit in your gig bag, yet still carry fairly large venues. This one is in great shape and has been cared for. It never comes out of the bag, since you can unzip the front and back covers, plug in, and go! The bag is designed to be used with the amp inside and there's a cutout area for the fan. However, even in the bag, it's never gotten more than luke warm for me.

The standard Markbass front end with Low, Low Mid, High Mid, and High EQ controls. Variable Pre Shape (VPF) for scooping mids with one knob....great for slap tones. Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator (VLE) for taking the highs out. This control is almost magical...with the EQ flat, start turning this knob up and you're in Motown land. This knob can make a P bass with roundwounds sound like it is strung with flats. And the same bass with flatwounds? Turn up the VLE and get a nice, woody upright tone. These 2 knobs sold me on Markbass. I keep the EQ flat, except for room tweaks, and use these 2 knobs to sculpt all of my tones. I can go from funky disco slap to Motown to modern "hi-fi" to edgy pick punk, with the same instrument and a quick tweak of these 2 knobs.

This amp will do it all, except for one thing...dirty, gritty, overdrive. The tone is plenty warm, you just can't get that slightly overdriven SVT type vibe. The gain stage on most Markbass heads is NOT meant to be overdriven...the clip light is a warning to turn down the input signal. That tone is best left to Ampeg, Aguilar, and others. However, you can put a Sansamp BDDI or VT in front of the F1 with excellent results. That route is actually appealing because you get the best of all worlds. The VT in particular sounds VERY good as a front end. This combination results in a great overdriven signal that is amplified by the clean, warm F1 preamp section...VERY tasty!

Another cool feature is that the tuner out was designed to double as a preamp out to feed a bigger external amp. This is a little known feature, but if you read the manual, it's there. I also read an interview where Marco talked about driving an external amp with the tuner out. Most tuner outs are before the preamp section, so there's no preamp tone from that output. This amp is different. Many people use effect outs on amps to do this in a pinch, with varying results depending on the output level, etc. I always thought this was cool, since it's designed to work that way.

The speaker outputs are the combo jacks that can take speakon or 1/4" connectors. Very useful if you take the amp to a gig and rely on backline cabinets with varied input jacks.

This is a discontinued amp and they only pop up for sale every so often, so this should be a great opportunity for someone who has been waiting for one. I've gotta put the cash into my vehicle, so no trades. My vehicle issues are the ONLY reason I'm willing to part with it. I initially wanted to ask $450, but I decided to go a little lower for a quick sale. $400 shipped, firm. PayPal preferred.

FULL DISCLOSURE:
    There is a small issue with the zipper on one side of the bag. A small half inch section of the zipper teeth had caught on something and pulled away from the fabric. The teeth were mangled, so I removed the problem teeth. This left a small half inch section without teeth on one side of the zipper. If you slide the zipper over this section, the zipper can come loose on one side. However, if you're careful, you can slide right over it. This is toward the end of the zipper travel, so was never much of an issue for me...I just stay away from that small section. It could probably be fixed by sewing a small piece of zipper teeth from a fabric store into that area. I will provide some detail photos of the problem area when I can get to a camera for a few minutes...I've been working 16-18 hour days :-( It sounds like a big deal with the long description, but it's a minor issue, in my opinion. In fact, I may try to find a section of black zipper teeth and fix it, while it's up for sale. I'll update, if I do.

There are a few minor surface imperfections on the top and bottom, as you would expect from black painted metal. Everything should come out in the pics. There are several very fine scratches that don't go through the paint. There is a small area on top the looks like something was set on top and it left a mark. There are 3 spots of discoloration on the bottom. Also, I just noticed that the yellow stripe on the volume knob is starting to wear off. Again, this is very minor stuff and I'm just bringing it up to be as descriptive as possible.

Here are all the tech specs you could ever want, from the Markbass website =) Please let me know if you have further questions. Even though the amp is discontinued, there us still plenty of info on the Markbass website: http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=82

INPUTS

INPUT
    impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp
    EFFECT RETURN*
    impedance 22 Kohm, max. voltage 25 Vpp

CONTROLS

GAIN
    -80 dB to +25 dB range
    MASTER VOLUME
    GROUND LIFT
    switch on rear panel

EQUALIZATION

LOW
    center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB
    LOW MID
    center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB
    HIGH MID
    center frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB
    HIGH
    center frequency: 10 kHz: ±16 dB
    VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter)
    center frequency 380 Hz (cut)
    VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator)
    frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz (cut)

OUTPUT

LINE OUT*
    balanced XLR, max. voltage 10 Vpp
    EFFECT SEND
    unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
    TUNER OUT
    unbalanced, max. voltage 25 Vpp
    SPEAKER OUT
    speakon / 1/4" (x2)

OTHER

WEIGHT
    4.63 lbs / 2.1 kg
    DEPTH
    10.04 in. / 25.5 cm
    WIDTH
    10.87 in. / 27.6 cm*
    HEIGHT
    1.73 in. / 4.4 cm (1U)
    OUTPUT POWER
    300W RMS @ 8 ohm, 500W RMS @ 4 ohm
    POWER REQUIREMENT
    100V; 120V; 230V; 240V
    50/60Hz
    (Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)*

NOTES:
    Minimum ohm load for all Markbass heads is 4 ohms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. otisduo

otisduo Supporting Member

Interested
  3. brichards

brichards

is the head still available?
  4. scottiwkt

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Money sent.
  7. scottiwkt

SOLD and off to Mother Russia! Thanks anton72 and enjoy!
  8. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Thanks Scott! That was fast!!! It'll marry my MarkBass NY604 cab just after arrival:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.