SOLD FS Markbass New York 151 bass cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Laurent, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

FS Markbass New York 151 bass cabinet

For sale: one of of my two 151 Markbass New York Cabinets. I own two and never used the second one. I thought that a 215 rig would be pretty cool for larger gigs but I never need that kind of power so I only use one at a time. The cab is also very efficient at 100 DB so it does not require major power to get loud.

The cabinet is in an almost new condition. The carpet is clean, free of odors and there are no major marks on it. It was kept in a pet free nonsmoking house. I actually played it very little and it has not been abused. PM me for pictures.

One of my favorite features of this cab other than the tone is the top side centered handle, it makes this cab a sleek one hand carry. At 37 lbs the weight is manageable because the handle is on the center of gravity of this cab. With my Markbass 500 amp in a shoulder bag and my bass on my other shoulder, I can walk into a gig in one trip and still have a free hand for my pedal board.

I believe it’s the best sounding of the 151 Markbass series but the differences are pretty subtle between cabs. If you like warm almost old school tones, this cab delivers that in droves. It's a great stand alone cab.

Stats:
    IMPEDANCE 8 ohms
    SPEAKER SIZE 1x15"
    BASS PORT: rear
    TWEETER: piezo adjustable
    POWER HANDLING 400W RMS (AES Standard)
    CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 3.5 kHz
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE 40 Hz to 18 kHz
    SENSITIVITY 100 dB SPL
    WEIGHT 37.3 lbs / 16.9 kg
    WIDTH 18.3" / 46.4 cm
    HEIGHT 18.3" / 46.4 cm