FS: Marshall LEM1992 Lemmy Kilmister Signature Amp (Rarest of the Rare)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by phishaholik, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

This amp has been my baby and it’s going to be really hard to let it go. I live in a small house with three kids and barely get to play now that I have a baby daughter. I’m going to be more realistic and sell off my tube amp collection.

Marshall LEM 1992 Lemmy Kilmister Signature Amp- I bought this amp brand new from an authorized dealer and it is in MINT shape. This is my all time favourite tube amp and I was really hoping to be able to keep it forever. These are rare as hell and I’ve never seen another one for sale used. They are no longer made, so if you want one, this is your best bet.

This amp is a modified Superbass based on Lemmy’s actual amp “Murder One”. It’s 100 watts, but my God it is LOUD. I’ve knocked pictures off the wall with this bad boy and shook the whole house with the volume on 2. If you go to the “Loudest Band You Have Ever Seen Live” thread, the most prevalent response was Motorhead and Lemmy doesn’t go though the PA, just two of these bad boys running his cabs. THAT is how loud this head is. I’m going to use a description from a review done on this amp. I feel the description is spot on.

“The power amp section features four EL34 valves to provide the 100 watt output whilst the preamp consists of three ECC83 valves for gain and tonal colouring. Built to last, the amp recreates Lemmy’s own 1992 Super Bass head, politely titled “Murder One” and features the resplendent gold crests and single red plastic corner of the original. For the purpose of this commemoration Marshall have attempted to source parts and components from the original suppliers of the 1992 model although to facilitate a wider breadth of tone, certain sonic elements of the 100 watt Super Lead amp have been incorporated. In theory, this should tighten the sound up and improve the already blistering high end on offer.

The amp comes with two channels and four inputs, channel one offering a brighter tone via Volume I compared to channel two which has a relatively flat tone, operated from Volume II, prior to anything being added from the amp. This amp has huge potential should you own a bass with stereo outputs as you can run the amp in such a way that each output from the bass can utilize the different inputs and balance output from the separate volumes. But even with a standard mono-equipped bass it should be possible to coax a fairly monstrous tone from this set-up. The controls all felt very sturdy and turned smoothly. In fact, the whole amp looks great with the distinctive vintage Marshall vibe pouring from it.”

There are two channels, each channel has two inputs, one for high gain and one for low gain. Channel one is based on the Super Lead and has a lot more treble response. Channel two has a much more vintage vibe. It has that super punch vintage vibe that I just love. This amp has by far the best vintage style tone of any amp I’ve ever heard. If you really want to destroy things, you can run a cable from one channel into the other channel for a truly other worldly tone. It has the best of both channels and just roars.

Price: $1599 plus shipping in the lower 48. These were $3000 new from every dealer that sold them!!!!! The amp is in absolutely mint condition with very low hours on the tubes. It comes with the cover, paperwork, signed certificate from Lemmy and Jim Marshall, Lemmy picks and ships in the original box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't taken any pictures of my amp yet, but I'll post actual pics soon!

Thanks

Michael
  2. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

Free bump for a top notch TB'er and one helluva bass amp!
  3. Geddyfleaharris

Geddyfleaharris

I have this head. Love it. Use it with the Lemmy 412. Wouldn't sell it. So....this is a chance that won't come around often people. And especially at this price. That is a solid deal. I paid $3,000 for mine almost 2 years ago now.

I have had crochity old sound men tell me how much they love the sound of the amp. Usually after telling me how much they love Ampeg.

If there was an amp that was a superhero......this would be it. :bassist:

bump

Edit: actually can't believe there is one of these for sale. They are rare.
  4. jphilauren

jphilauren

Can someone explain differences in this head vs JCM 800 bass head. I find that the JCM has a good sound/tube for bass actually better than the older Super Bass which did not give you much in tone control.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. phishaholik

Thanks for the bump buddy!!

Thanks man, as you know, these are about as rare as they get. I thought I would never sell it, but playing is going on the back burner and I'm concentrating on family life. It's too awesome of an amp to just sit on my bookshelf.

It's really good to hear from another owner as I'm sure most people have never seen one of these, let alone played through one. The tone on this amp is absolutely fantastic. Super punchy vintage tone for days. By far my favourite amp for that old school tone.

I honestly don't have a lot of experience with other Marshall heads, but I but this amp is kind of a hybrid between the the Super Lead and the Super Bass.

I hope that helps.

Michael
  7. untamedhellion

untamedhellion

PM has been sent, Please let me know
  8. phishaholik

I believe all pm's have been replied to. I've been flooded with offers, so if I missed anyone, please speak up.

Thanks!!!

Michael
  9. untamedhellion

untamedhellion

I'd love to play my BC Rich Thunderbird through this thing !!!!

UntamedHellion
  10. untamedhellion

untamedhellion

PM'd and emailed today...let's get this on it's way !!!!

UntamedHellion
  11. untamedhellion

untamedhellion

Black Friday bump....I guess somebody else beat me to it ???

UntamedHellion
  12. Hot Pocket

Hot Pocket

Trade or a brand new Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglo?
  13. untamedhellion

untamedhellion

let me know if this is still available....I've got the $1600 plus shipping

UntamedHellion
  14. phishaholik

I just sent you a message. Sorry, things have been crazy with the holiday.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a cash sale only right now. I just got another amp in trade and I'm very partial to Monarch right now. I would love to try a Rick out sometime though.

Thanks guys,

Michael
  15. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

16. Geddyfleaharris

Geddyfleaharris

No....you have to keep the Ric and play it through this head. You will see God or Lemmy. Although a lot people believe that Lemmy is God.
  17. phishaholik

I still haven't posted pics bump! :bag:

I'm thinking about pulling this ad. Unfortunately, what I need the money for has been put off for a few months. I have a deposit on a very expensive dog and unfortunately most of the litter didn't make it. :(

Michael
  18. tabooze24

tabooze24

free bump for a cool head!

......and for Lemmy being so handsome :D
  19. mc_muench

mc_muench

The knobs on this beast must be for show, because running this thing at anything but full blast must be a cardinal sin of the rock GODS.

GLWTS!
  20. phishaholik

Still available.

Michael
  21. phishaholik

I stopped trying to sell this amp a while ago because I wanted to have a tech go over it before I sold it.

I just got this amp back from a full service at my local tech. He went through everything with a fine tooth comb. He rebiased the amp, he said it was set very hot from the factory, and made sure everything else was in tip top shape. It cost me $135 but now any buyer can be secure in knowing that the amp is flawless.

Very low hours on this amp and a full service by a very reputable tech!!!

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.