1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS(maybe FT)-MusicMan StingRay 5HH--GOLD HARDWARE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pbass6811, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

My understanding is that there was a limited run of these for GC that came with gold hardware. I'm not sure what all the colors that were available, but this one is the lovely Pace Car Blue! I bought it last year, it's actually less than a year old.

Why am I selling it? Simple...I HATE GOLD HARDWARE! :D
    So, why did I buy it if I hate gold hardware? Simple...I LOVE THE 'RAY SOUND! I bought it with the idea that I could just swap out the hardware for something that was more aesthetically pleasing to me. Didn't realize that ya' can't just go out and hit up Ernie Ball and get some factory parts for these things. So, with my dislike of gold hardware and my chronic G.A.S. flaring up, I've decided to put this out there for someone who loves that 'Ray sound and doesn't mind the gold...:D

Specs:
    Ash body-Pace Car Blue
    Maple neck/board
    Black Pearloid pg
    GOLD HARDWARE-the Pole Pieces are actually gold too!
    10lbs
    18mm spacing
    34" scale
    Standard StingRay electronics w/5-way selector for HH pickups.

In spite of my gig schedule, this bass is in XLNT condition(fretboard needs to be cleaned). No scratches or chips on the body or neck. There is one mark on the headstock, which I got in a pic. Overall, I'd give it a 9.2/10. It sounds and plays exactly like a 'Ray is supposed to. You will NOT be disappointed. I'm putting it out there for $1,300 O.B.O Make an offer, but be reasonable. PayPal is cool with me.

I'm not really looking for trades, BUT If you have a Dingwall ABZ 5 or an AB I 5, we need to talk. I might also look at other 5 strings, but I'd still rather just sell it. Please don't be offended if you offer one of those and I don't take it. Just sayin'...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for shopping!

2. pbass6811

Updated some trade bait...

3. joebar

joebar

that is gorgeous

4. pbass6811

Thanks. Love the color of the bass, you guys know how I feel about the color of the hardware...:D!

I know SOMEBODY wants/needs/covets a semi-unique StingRay 5HH...MAKE ME AN OFFER!!;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. David_70

David_70 Supporting Member

7. David_70

David_70 Supporting Member

Free bump for a really cool bass. GLWTS!

8. pbass6811

Lowered the price BUMP.

9. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Subscribing to this thread... don't mind me here >.>

10. pbass6811

Bumping this up to the top. I've gotten some really cool trade offers, and I really appreciate them, but I guess I need to let everyone know that, right now, I'm only interested in 5-strings and I really want another Dingwall. Having said that, if you have an interesting 5, hit me up. The worst that can happen is I'm not interested...:D

Also, I don't need amps or cabs anymore, unless someone wants to trade straight up for a DB 750/1....:bag:

Thanks for looking!

11. joebar

joebar

12. pbass6811

One more time-TTT!

13. strangedejavu

strangedejavu Supporting Member

Pending sale... Paying within the next two hours. Soo stoked with will bey first stingray

14. strangedejavu

strangedejavu Supporting Member

15. pbass6811

Sold! It'll be heading out to WA tomorrow! Thanks strangedejavu! :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.