1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: MIA Precision Bass - rare color

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bluesblaster, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Hi all,

Back on the market, 99' american precision bass in the rare one year only "plum metallic" or "purple" to the rest of us. Looks sweet with the black pickguard. Nice dark rosewood fingerboard, sounds and plays like a dream. Fresh set of GHS boomers and I'll throw in a set of fender 7250's as well. The only flaw per se is that it has that E string tuner crack in the headstock. It has been expertly repaired and has never been an issue in the 7 years that I have owned it, its not that noticeable unless you look for it.
    Would like to get $700 plus actual shipping, will listen to reasonable offers. This has been a great little bass I giged it a bunch, but I am forced to downsize as I have been laid off for some time and could use the money. Bass and hardshell case are both in excellent condition.

note: the repaired crack runs from the back of E string post to rear of headstock, follow the direction of the slot on post and maybe you'll spot it.

price drop...$675 shipped in CONUS w/ paypal, Nice american P in a unique color

Attached Files:

2. bassguppy

bassguppy Supporting Member

Sweet price. GLWTS.
  3. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

sort of your average P bass weight, 8-9 lbs. range. I dont own a digital scale so just going by experience.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

I've had a few inquiries concerned about the repaired crack in the headstock, I can tell you that its solid as a rock and I'll guarantee it for a full refund if it ever splits on you (within reason). I have had this bass for 7 seven years in a northern climate of very cold dry winters and humid summers and it has never shown any sign of coming apart. I dont know who did the repair, I bought it this way, if I thought there was a chance of it coming apart I wouldnt have bought it in the first place. All that being said, its a very nice bass in a fairly rare color. I'm open to offers but it would have to be a non "fee" payment arrangement. Im not sure if I mentioned this but Im not interested in trades, Im trying to get rid of stuff I no longer need. Thanks
  7. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

hump day bump
  8. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

awesome color. cool bass, great price. in reference to the crack, i had the same thing happen in the same spot to my 97 pbass. (i beat the crap out of it onsatge) anyways, i wood glued it myself and NEVER had any issues with it after. it IS a usa fender. somebody needs to jump on this deal
  9. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

yup, its solid and really no problem, but its there and had to be disclosed in all honesty.
  10. bobm2112

bobm2112 Supporting Member

I cant believe this is still available at this price. Great color too. Good luck with the sale bro. I wish I had the cash.
  11. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Thanks, could use the cash right now so its priced to move.
  12. rollcall

rollcall

I believe the actual color is midnight wine...
  13. Waterpilot

Waterpilot

It's not. It's metallic purple. I have the same bass. Midnight wine has more red in it I believe. Great bass at a really good price BTW.
  14. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

its not "midnight wine" it is very purple. I thought I read somewhere that it was called "plum mist" or "plum metallic"
    it was a short run color done around 99'-2000' I think this one and the transparent marykaye white were done around the same time, maybe the two rarest colors for american made basses in recent Fender history.
  15. Flabass

Flabass Supporting Member

Great color, wish I had the cash.
  16. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Am I really gonna have to go to ebay with this ?

its priced to move, gonna be more $$ on ebay.

snag a cool and unique bass and help a guy out.
  17. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Weight, Nut Width, I'm semi local :)
  18. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

19. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

a little update here

put it on bathroom scale - 8 lbs. (believe it or dont)

and the big suprise is the nut is alot closer to a jazz bass than a precision, just a hair over 1 1/2" , I always felt that mavbe it was but never measured till now.
  20. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

weekend bump
  21. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

On a repair like that,the repair is always stronger that the surrounding wood.I've broken that whole corner off the headstock,repaired it and never had to worry about it again.Cool color ,if i sell some of my vint. car parts i'll be looking you upGLWTS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.