1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: MIJ 1984 Squier Bullet Bass - Black/Maple - Selling Whole or in Parts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by circuitspore, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. circuitspore

circuitspore

<< SOLD >>

I bought this knowing that it needed a little TLC. Planned to give her a setup, cleanup, etc. Or possibly using the neck for a tele-inspired build. Must have had amnesia at the time because in my time-strapped reality that will never happen, and this bass is pretty redundant in my arsenal.

Pros: The perfect Fender neck shape (IMHO) - nice, round, not too chunky and not too skinny. Beautiful flamed maple neck! Sounds like a P-Bass even though it has the weirdo mustang pickups. Made-in-Japan quality! Electronics work as they should. Truss rod is responsive. Included gig bag. Lastly, black basses also sound 10x better than every other color. For real.

Cons: Needs a general setup and strings. Could use a neck shim. Frets could use some steel wool for a shine. Pickguard screws are rusty (one is also missing). G tuner key has an ever-so-slight bend to it that is not noticed until you start tuning. Functions fine, however. Bridge E string barrel is missing one of the height adjustment screws. Wear to body and one ding/dent on the back of the neck. Finish crack on one side of the neck pocket (no wood movement). Slight corrosion on the bridge plate. All of this can be seen in the photos.

Asking $175 shipped for this bad boy. I would also be willing to part out this bass. Not looking for trades unless they are in my favor. See photos below!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Monster Truck

Monster Truck Supporting Member

$175 for a MIJ Squier! I don't need another bass but at this price I'm tempted.
  3. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Neck straight? Truss rod works well? Read "responsive" in post. Thanks.
  4. circuitspore

circuitspore

This one is sold. Went quick!
  5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.