1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: MIJ FENDER PRECISION BASS - 1993-94

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by chromium, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chromium

chromium Supporting Member

I've owned this P-bass for about five years, and it is a killer. The setup, playability, and sound are top notch. I picked up an old BC Rich Mockingbird a couple of years ago, and find that I'm taking that out in place of this one these days... Hard to let this go, but at the same time I hate to see it sitting here unused.

Features and characteristics:
    - Beautiful playing neck. This one is 1 3/4" at the nut with shallow profile. Setup with low, fast action
    - The cosmetic condition is decent, but there are minor blems... a few dings, small wear spot on fingerboard and a couple spots around the edges, a couple of minor dings on back of neck, slight surface "buckle rash" on back, hairline scratches on pickguard, wear on pickup covers, and a small chip on nut next to D string (only of cosmetic concern). Just goes to show that this bass was loved and played
    - Frets still have a lot of life
    - Not heavy; feels somewhere in the 9lbs range
    - N+5 digit serial put it at around 1993-94
    - I believe that the pickguard is an Allparts replacement. This (black on black with maple board) is my favorite color combo on Precisions, and so I've left it this way
    - No case is included, but the bass will be packed securely and professionally

Price and terms:
    $599 including shipping to the lower 48 via USPS. I can accept payment via Paypal, Postal MO, or wire.

Please feel free to make offers if my price is out of line. I'm admittedly not that well versed on the Fender stuff.

I will consider International shipping. Please message me for estimate.

Not seeking trades at this time.

Thank you for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. chromium

3. state808

state808

4. state808

state808

got an email adress ? I'm interested. thx
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chromium

Bump!

This thing is great. I'll probably regret parting with it, but I managed to do the deed on the coursed string bass I was after - and so I still have to let this sail. Figure its easier to re-buy one of these down the road, than try to find another old Hamer.

Talk to me if interested.
  7. og61pbass

og61pbass

OMG!!! nice Axe, Im looking for a bass like this to replace the 77 black/maple p bass I regretfully sold many years ago.:eek:
  8. chromium

Yeah I used to play a late 70s Precision in my high school's stage/jazz band. It belonged to the school, and rather than tote mine I'd play that at times. Looked exactly like this, but man it was a beast. I bet it was just in need of some TLC/setup (which I had no idea how to do back then), but god it played awful. Still, it brings back memories. It's probably subconsciously because of that nostalgia and the Floyd influence that I dig this color/fingerboard combo.

Compared to my memory of that other P, this thing is a dream. The neck on it is just beautiful - perfect relief, low action, no dead spots, buzzing... just tight, punchy goodness. I really have a big appreciation for the Japanese stuff (bunch of FujiGen stuff, Epi Elitist... I even had a weird SLM-era Japanese Ampeg Scroll that was amazing fit/finish-wise...)

If you can't already tell, I do really fight the tendency to want to keep them all. I just don't want my family to report me to the producers of "Hoarders" :D :hyper: :help:
  9. klanger2003

klanger2003

If you can't already tell, I do really fight the tendency to want to keep them all. I just don't want my family to report me to the producers of "Hoarders" :D :hyper: :help:[/QUOTE]

If you really love it, I say ,Let them report you! after all, It's just their word against yours !!
  10. og61pbass

og61pbass

Dammmnnn...I'm really liking this bass and right now its a toss up between this and a Squier Matt Freeman bass as it is more in my budget...:confused:
  11. Nightvision

Nightvision

12. chromium

Sold- Thank you, Will!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.