1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Modulus Genesis VJ4 (yes I'm gonna regret this)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VifferMike, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger Supporting Member

I'm starting a rather heavy original project in addition to the cover band I play in, and I can only afford to keep two basses. My other bass, a Lakland 44-02, is versatile enough for the cover band, and I need something for the new project with some 'edge'. So I'm doing what I'd never thought I'd do only a couple of weeks ago:

SOLD!: a 2002 Modulus Genesis VJ4 in good to excellent condition. She's metallic red, passive with factory-installed Villex pickups (clear, creamy tone, and reasonably hot for passives), vol/vol/passive midrange/tone controls (quite use-able, especially to control high mids) and Gotoh bridge/tuners, and weighs 9.5 lbs. It's gorgeous, but it's a player and has been gigged; the body's got a few BB-sized dings and some scratching on the back, but otherwise it's in pristine playing condition.

I got this bass in March, and it's easily the warmest Modulus I've ever heard thanks to the compound-radius Genesis maple/graphite hybrid neck, which is freaky quick, straight, and shows no discernable fret wear. (The fingerboard's chechen.) Since receiving it I've added:
    - a Hipshot Xtender detuner (the original tuner will be included)
    - Two pickguards custom made by Chandler Guitars to replace the stock tort guard: a gloss black/red/black (currently installed) and a matte black (All three guards will be included).
    - Dunlop Straploks

It's currently strung with balanced-tension D'Ad XL Nickels (45/60/80/107) and comes with a serviceable non-standard HSC.

Seriously: I would never sell this bass if I could afford to have three around. I gig with it (see the image below to show off the body finish) and it's an amazing instrument for anything vintage or straightforward -- it articulates effects well for a passive bass, and even does awesome slap. Someone's getting an insane bass (and a rare one, too -- yeah, I'm probably insane for selling it ...)

I'm asking $1125 shipped and insured to CONUS. PayPal OK. No international buyers, please. The only trades I'd be interested in are these 4-stringers:
    G&L L-2000
    Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling or Stingray 4HH

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

nice, l sometimes wish l kept my vj-4, but decided on the flea, both are great basses
    and a fair price, not selling to canada makes it easy not to look.
  3. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist-Reverend Guitars
    Mike, with all due respect, You are nuts.
  4. VifferMike

I know, Les. I know ... if I had an extra grand lying around, I'd keep it. I own basses to play them, though, and I don't think I'd play this as much with the bands I'm now involved with. Only two other basses I've owned had comparable necks: a '93 Pedulla Thunderbolt and a mid-90s Zon. Neither one of those basses had the combo of clarity and warmth this bass has ...

... and so, I'm certifiable!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nsams73

nsams73

Early holiday gift for someone! What a steal!
  7. bino

bino

I want it. Sending pm
  8. VifferMike

And sold to a former owner of this very bass ... which makes my sacrifice a tad less painful. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.