SOLD FS: Modulus Genesis VJ4 (yes I'm gonna regret this)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VifferMike, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I'm starting a rather heavy original project in addition to the cover band I play in, and I can only afford to keep two basses. My other bass, a Lakland 44-02, is versatile enough for the cover band, and I need something for the new project with some 'edge'. So I'm doing what I'd never thought I'd do only a couple of weeks ago:

SOLD!: a 2002 Modulus Genesis VJ4 in good to excellent condition. She's metallic red, passive with factory-installed Villex pickups (clear, creamy tone, and reasonably hot for passives), vol/vol/passive midrange/tone controls (quite use-able, especially to control high mids) and Gotoh bridge/tuners, and weighs 9.5 lbs. It's gorgeous, but it's a player and has been gigged; the body's got a few BB-sized dings and some scratching on the back, but otherwise it's in pristine playing condition.

I got this bass in March, and it's easily the warmest Modulus I've ever heard thanks to the compound-radius Genesis maple/graphite hybrid neck, which is freaky quick, straight, and shows no discernable fret wear. (The fingerboard's chechen.) Since receiving it I've added:
    - a Hipshot Xtender detuner (the original tuner will be included)
    - Two pickguards custom made by Chandler Guitars to replace the stock tort guard: a gloss black/red/black (currently installed) and a matte black (All three guards will be included).
    - Dunlop Straploks

It's currently strung with balanced-tension D'Ad XL Nickels (45/60/80/107) and comes with a serviceable non-standard HSC.

Seriously: I would never sell this bass if I could afford to have three around. I gig with it (see the image below to show off the body finish) and it's an amazing instrument for anything vintage or straightforward -- it articulates effects well for a passive bass, and even does awesome slap. Someone's getting an insane bass (and a rare one, too -- yeah, I'm probably insane for selling it ...)

I'm asking $1125 shipped and insured to CONUS. PayPal OK. No international buyers, please. The only trades I'd be interested in are these 4-stringers:
    G&L L-2000
    Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling or Stingray 4HH

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2008
    nice, l sometimes wish l kept my vj-4, but decided on the flea, both are great basses
    and a fair price, not selling to canada makes it easy not to look.
  3. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    S.E. Connecticut, USA
    Endorsing artist-Reverend Guitars
    Mike, with all due respect, You are nuts.
  4. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I know, Les. I know ... if I had an extra grand lying around, I'd keep it. I own basses to play them, though, and I don't think I'd play this as much with the bands I'm now involved with. Only two other basses I've owned had comparable necks: a '93 Pedulla Thunderbolt and a mid-90s Zon. Neither one of those basses had the combo of clarity and warmth this bass has ...

... and so, I'm certifiable!
  5. Sponsored by:

6. nsams73

Nov 12, 2012
    Early holiday gift for someone! What a steal!
  7. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I want it. Sending pm
  8. VifferMike

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    And sold to a former owner of this very bass ... which makes my sacrifice a tad less painful. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.