1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Modulus Q6 6 String-BLOWOUT-Quilt Top, Black Cherry 1990

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Due to a non paying ebay bidder (dominic5700) I am relisting at an absolute blowout price.
    * Quick clarification; someone thought the nicer photo's were from a Modulus catalog or even a different bass that was new. All photo's are of this same bass. The more formal photo's were taken of this bass at the bass store where I work, when it came in, just before I bought it. Thank you.

I have mixed emotions about selling this. It is really a great bass. This Modulus Quantum 6 bass is a 1990 model, with a quilt maple top and black cherry finish. These had no truss rod during this period, but that's why it was designed with the carbon neck. The neck is perfect, never moves and they cut unnecessary weight. This has amazing tone from growly to crazy slap. I wasn't going to buy this because it didn't have my favorite Bartolini set up, but these higher end EMGs along with the pre just kill. The bass is in excellent playing condition, low smooth action, very comfortable, and looks very good. The front looks good with only a few minor dings. The back shows numerous little dings and surface buckle rash from over 20 years of playing and gigging, but nothing through the finish. There is a paint chip on the back edge, behind where your arm would rest -click on the photos for a larger view and detailed photo descriptions. I tried to get different angles so made it look worse, but at least you can see it. It has been touched up (paint), so no structural damage and no wood showing. In fact, you can't even see it from the front at all and you can't see it when looking straight on at the back either. It's on that back edge and tends to blend in with the dark cherry and black tones. A used hardshell tolex case is included, which has numerous little dings, scuffs in the tolex but still works properly (all latches are fine).
    All these things have been taken into consideration in the price. I have a set of gold and a set of black knobs included. Both are in the photo's.
    Modulus basses appear to be out of production, so take advantage of this opportunity as Modulus made one of the best 6-stringers.
    Actual Bass Weight: 9.72 pounds
    •Quilted maple top over alder body
    •6-string Quantum model
    •Gold hardware, plus set of black knobs.
    •EMG pickups/preamp
    •35” Scale
    Hardshell Tolex case

You will love the feel and tone of this bass.

FS:[DEL] $1550[/DEL] - [/COLOR] For Friday & Sat only $1475 Price includes shipped Cont. USA. Paypal, cashiers check. Alaska, Hawaii, Canada email zip/postal code for shipping quote. No trades this time. It's also on EB and I'll need to close this thread by Sat eve if it doesn't sell. Rather sell to TBer.

http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/kshipley1/library/1990 Modulus Q6?sort=3&page=1
  2. kshipley1

tone tone tone
  3. kshipley1

I have this on fleabay ending Sunday evening. Heres a special offer for TBers only and it is good until Saturday night as I will otherwise have to let the ebay auction run its course.

$1500 SHIPPED Cont. USA
  4. kshipley1

bumpus for a tone monster
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kshipley1

OK, need motivation? For Friday and Saturday: $1475 Shipped Cont US
  7. kshipley1

8. kshipley1