1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS (mostly)/FT: Nordy VJ5 with Brazilian fretboard in Incredible Hulk Green!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dcr, Jan 27, 2013.

1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Hey all!. Putting my gorgeous green Nordy VJ5 up for sale. It's immaculate! No scratches, dents, dings, scuffs, or anything else that I can find. Maybe some swirling on the back, but not very much if there is. Looks just like it came from Carey yesterday. I'll call it "almost mint" JIC I've missed something.

To top it all off, it's got a sweet Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. according to the guys at Nordstrand, this bass would be about $5k new with a 2-year wait. Currently wired passive, but I'll include an Audere two-band with passive tone control as well. If you twist my arm just a bit, I'd include a Nordy two-band pre instead.:

Weight is between 9.5 and 10 pounds, nut width is 1.81", scale is 34.5", and string spacing is 19mm. As far as neck profile, well I don't know what to tell you there. Not too fat, not too thin. Feels pretty much like my other two Nordys, and all the other Nordys that I've played. IS it the compound radius that Nordys are famous for. IDK and can't measure for that. But I'm pretty sure that it is.

Comes with the Like-New-But-Dusty-From-Storage Nordy gigbag. Or if you prefer, it can ship in a VG condition Fender rectangular hard case for the same money....you pick. Or both for an extra $75.

My askiing price is $2400 OBO shipped CONUS. Will ship to Canada as well, but we'll have to work out the shipping deets and final price, based on the difference.

Only trade I'm looking for is vilkai's Roscoe Century Signature with Amboyna burl top. Would be glad to work a three-way trade if you have something he wants.

http://s1342.photobucket.com/albums/o771/dcr72104/

dcr

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Killer bass, love the green. Bump for a fellow nordy player!

3. havuk

havuk

would he be interested in a dingwall SuperJ 5?? ;-). that green is killer!!

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Up! Up!

dcr

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Media:
    I need another Nordy for my variety gig but only have a brand new nearly mint Benavente DCD 6'er to trade towards this amazing green monster!

7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Ahh, if only it was a 5er! I haven't owned a DCD body style yet, but have owned several. Some of my favorite necks are on Benaventes! Love the thin and flat and fast!

dcr

8. j-raj

Media:
    I know, I remember you like 5's.

The DCD is a sexy shape and the 6 is great and I have another SCD 6 that I love, but the blk of my work is pop and variety band stuff these days and my current Nordy rules on that. I just need another... Or a Callowhill with similar specs.

9. lowendmafia

lowendmafia KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! Supporting Member

I just ordered a 4 string Jazz from Nino Valenti and almost went with this color, but decided on a darker green (naturally, being an Oregon Duck Alum)... Seeing this almost makes me change my mind.

10. havuk

havuk

11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Movin' this one on UP!

dcr

12. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Anybody?

dcr

13. j-raj

Media:
    I would love to have a bass like that someday. :D

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Thanks to all for playing. This baby is SOLD and PAID FOR.

dcr

15. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

And j-raj you would have if the Benavente didn't have one too many strings on it!

Gonna hold his one open until I get a chance to ship then close it out.

dcr

16. j-raj

Media:
    I hear ya Doug. I'm still using that roadcase you sold me 5 years ago. I might have a trade plus $ deal in the works, but will know for sure Wednesday.