1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: MTD "CRB Prototype" USA Made.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by R Briere, Dec 20, 2013.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Back in the early 80's I became one of Michael Tobias' first Reps. I covered the Northeast and Learned much from Michael. We've been together in many different capacities since then but this is the first Prototype that I've placed my hands on.

Why am I selling a Collectors Piece? Cuz I'm not a Collector. All of my MTD's are Wenge Necks and I prefer 5 strings. This belongs in the collection of someone who knows its value from a different angle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Note to me from Michael:

"HI Rich, the bass was part of the original prototype run that we were going to send off shore. we ended up changing the design to the CRB that is in production now. that one is one of 3 or 4 that got out of the shop before we changed the body shape. it is passive I think with the bart pj combo."

So there ya' have it. I'll offer it to my Fellow TB-ers for a couple of days before I place it anywhere else.

Price? $1750 or a Trade for an Excruciatingly Gorgeous 535 with Wenge would be considered.....

Questions? Yes....the Man wearing the MTD Jacket in the back Row. :)

Bass-ically Yours,
    RB

Attached Files:

2. Sithian

Sithian

Wow- beautiful! Where is the truss rod adjustment on this? Do you know the weight? P or J profile on the neck? What is the condition? 34" or 35" scale? Wood types? String spacing? Knob layout? Thanks!

3. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

Here Ya' Go.....I'm off to a gig so I'll answer any other questions upon my return. :)

Attached Files: