FS: Near-mint RARE MIK Lakland Skyline Hollowbody 30 short-scale beauty - only 7 lbs!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

On a whim I just picked up this beauty from Bass Northwest. This is a rare 30" hollowbody from Lakland's Skyline series. It was made in Korea. You won't find these on Lakland's website, and I am not sure why. You won't find many of them, if any, for sale on the internet, either. One recently sold on EBay for $850. These were just released at the beginning of 2013. I am not sure why they are made in Korea when the Skyline series has been made in Indonesia for a while now. Whatever the case, it's a rare, sweet bass. I'm just too big a guy to be comfortable on it.

I just got her today and have a 72-hour trial period, but I thought I may list it on Talkbass. Why am I not keeping it? Simple enough... it's just too small for me. I thought I'd give short-scale a try, but, it just isn't for me. I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs, and I am just more used to 34" and 35" scale basses. That being said, this bass is absolutely gorgeous. It's fully hollow, w/ a mahogany body and a maple top. The pickups are not Chi Sonics (I don't think) but they are single coils that sound great and are quite hot. Very little to no 60 cycle hum when soloed either. Controls are V, V, T. The bass has a gorgeous fast satin maple neck and a rosewood board with binding. Hipshot licensed tuners. I do not have a case or bag for it but it will come securely padded and double-boxed.

The guys at BassNW told me that it was a brand new bass, but they were selling it for too low of a price to advertise it as "new." So while it's technically used, it's dang near mint. I couldn't find a mark on it, and the action feels nice. It weighs about 7 lbs, maybe less. 1.5" Jazz width nut. Immaculate construction and very nice sound. I would keep it if it were 34" - I may end up getting a 34" to replace it, actually.

No trades unless you have a 34" scale hollowbody or semi-hollow. + or - cash is an option but I don't have a ton to add.

I will need $795 shipped to make up the money I've already spent, plus what I will spend in shipping and Paypal fees. Lower 48 only is much preferred, but the box is small enough that I will CONSIDER international shipping (you pay actual shipping costs.) I will keep this listing up until about Monday night, at which point, if it doesn't sell on here, I will return it to BassNW. :bassist::D

Original store pics from BassNW attached.

Attached Files:

2. TimBosby

More pics - back.

Attached Files:

3. TimBosby

More pics - headstock.

Attached Files:

4. Down_Low

Down_Low

So tempting... Just need to think of a reason to tell the fiancé why I need this right before the wedding!

I'm in Australia, but can have it shipped here through a freight forwarder, which would mean you'd only have to ship it within the US. Can you tell me the dimensions and weight of the packed box?

Thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkusBass

MarkusBass Markus Orange loves you. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Graphic Designer: Lakland, Hanson Guitars, and Wilkins Guitars
    Killer deal right here!
  7. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    PM sent about possible trade.
  8. TimBosby

Looks like this one's getting traded to my neighbor in beautiful Iowa City. :D:hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.