1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS:New England fEARful 1515/66, rack Meatsmoke, Crown 1000xls

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BlkHeli, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Happy Holidays folks.
    For Sale is my lightly used and recently "reconditioned" 1515/66 cab.

This cab was originally purchased unloaded from TB'er Sliderbass.
    It's cosmetically and structurally solid. I loaded it up with brand new drivers. Recently the crossover was rewired by Don at Barry Audio Design. I was having an issue with a loose wire and he went through the entire cab. He also installed a really nice new perforated aluminum grille and upgraded the HF horn at my request. Don did a great job troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading this cab.
    It has the Eminence 3015LF's, a pair of 18 sound 6NM410's in the mids and an upgrade to the HF horn with the 18 sound XD 125 driver.

This cab is an easy pickup in MA, just south of Boston. Delivery +/- 200 miles can also arranged.

The Verellen Meatsmoke preamp(SOLD) and Crown 1000xls are also for sale. Both in great condition save for a little scrape on the plastic ear on the crown.

Asking 1175 for the cab.
    225 for the crown
    (SOLD)650 for the rackmount Verellen Meatsmoke(SOLD).
    The whole rig can be yours with a gator 4space rack case and all the speakon and XLR cables you need for 1975.00.

I'll also include the original wheat grille and frame.

Don't be afraid to make reasonable offers. Feel free to run your delivery/pickup requirements by me. I have lots of free time this winter.

Will ship the amps in CONUS only.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388375852.986186.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388375912.700633.jpg

2. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Almost forgot:

Specs:
    Impedance: 4 Ohms
    Dimensions: 23.7"x48.0"x16.75"
    Tuning Frequency: ~45-46.5 Hz
    Typical Weight: 90 lbs

Base Price: $1850

HF Options:
    18 Sound XD125: +$90

3. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Here's a better view of the Meatsmoke. Comes with Verellen foot switch.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388411689.346475.jpg

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Meatsmoke is on hold pending payment. Who else is sitting on their end of year bonus?

7. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

The meatsmoke, she is sold.

8. NKBassman

NKBassman Nerd Supporting Member

That is my exact rig (only with a single 15/6). Needless to say, it kills.

9. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

It's a sick rig for sure. Only reason I'm selling is the acquisition of a couple of SUNN PB-10's. I sank a bunch of money into this cab to make it right but the SUNN's sound "right" through a pair of SVT's.

10. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Somewhat motivated seller bump.

11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Silly me but are those Eminence 15's really 3015's or did you mean 3015LF...

12. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Yes sir. 3015 LF's

And the mids are 6NM410's

I derp'ed. Thanks for the heads up!

13. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Happy New Year-Prices Reduced:
    1100.00 for the 1515/66 cab
    210.00 for the crown 1000xls
    90.00 for Gator Pro Series 4U rack case

The non-cab items were purchased in August of 13. I haven't played out with any of this gear. The speakers have not been exposed to a live setting since I purchased them in May of 13. I'm not sure the prior owner of the cab used it live either. But since it was refurbished with new speakers and grille, it has barely been broken in. Cab comes with a jar of touch up duratex.

14. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Couple more 66 photos showing hardware and one without the grille.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388716878.096760.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388716914.779388.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388716941.179535.jpg

15. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

16. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Final reduction: 1075 for the 66
    Would also consider selling unloaded.

17. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Last chance for a pro built Barry Audio Designs fEARful 1515/66 at the lowest price I've seen:
    1075.00 plus some gas money delivered within a 200 mile radius of 02134.

Will humor trades for an Ibanez Rickenfaker plus some cash on your end. Other Ibanez "lawsuit" style basses? Sure. Tell me what you've got.

As I said, Don Barry opened this cab up, reworked the xover, resealed the speakers and even touched up any scuffs before he installed the new grille. I don't think this cab weighs 90lbs. I was able to carry it up two flights of stairs alone, bearhug style.

Everything about this cab is 100% solid and works perfectly. I have receipts for all of the drivers showing that they're new. Including Don's EXEMPLARY technical service and costs of the used cab plus new speakers, I have over 2K invested in this cab. New it would've cost me about 1900 or so. You can get it for a squeak over a grand.

The Crown 1000XLS is so new that the 3 year manufacturer's warranty still has 2 years and 7 months left.

Theres a few reasons for this sale. I'm not in a situation where I can devote time to tuning the rig from room to room. I'm more into plug and play. If we're lucky, we get 20 mins for load in and sound check.

Also: I just don't like tweeters and I'm not willing to learn how to read schematics, specs or technical data. Square waves/sine waves/THD/etc. not my specialty.

The acquisition of my dream rig is another motivating factor. That I'm one or three rigs over the divorce threshold is the main motivator though.

18. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Open to other partial bass trades. 4 string, preferably not too " modern". Also looking for a SUNN 115S cab. Preferably unloaded but what ya got?

19. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Seems like everyone is low on cashola. How about a trade for a bass or amp that I can flip for cash? Got something you don't use that's worth 1200 on feEbay? 11-100 dollar effects pedals and a bottle of whiskey?

20. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Open to shipping options via freight company of your choice as long as they provide commercial pickup service from eastern Massachusetts. I can strap the cab to a pallet or wrap and box for dock shipment at buyers choice and expense.

21. BlkHeli

BlkHeli

Got a couple of 3015LF's waiting for a box? I'll pop mine out, you pop yours in. Alternately, I'll part this cab out. Let's see what the people need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.