1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS:New One of a kind(prototype) ESP 5 string bass: RARE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by darkrising, Jan 1, 2014.

1. darkrising

darkrising Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a Brand new one of a kind Prototype ESP 5 string bass. There was one 1 made in the 4 and 5 string models. I tried to contact ESP to find out about the pre-amp installed as well as wood specs but never got any clarification on it(pic of control cavity below for the pre-amp). It does have EMG-HZ pick-ups and sounds very clear. The neck is a thin traditional ESP 5 string width and aside from needing a set up plays awesome. The bass also has some decent weight to it so it definitely isn't a basswood cheap body....

Also the bass has never played and has been in a box since I purchased it. It just wasn't what I was looking for(not a big 5 string guy).....All it needs is to be set up to your liking!!!!

Here are some pics..... (Click on the pics for correct angle)

Looking to get $435 shipped!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. feschyn

feschyn

Any idea where it was manufactured?
  3. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables

More than likely Indonesia. The few ESP LTD protoypes I have seen came from there. But I could be wrong on this one just my educated guess.
  4. darkrising

Sorry for the late response I was in Europe with my band......From What ESP told me these were made in Korea. I took it to my local Luthier who is one of the better one's in Florida and he said the quality is leaps over the standard series these sell in the Music stores. Not sure how far I would take that but the feel is as good as any mid level bass I have played......
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. darkrising