SOLD FS only 1986 Ibanez Roadstar II rb885 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SneakyT, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SneakyT

SneakyT

Alright a little history here. This one was in terrible shape before I saved it. It started off an opalescent white but was only wearing about half of its original paint when it got to me. I refinished it in a transparent black stain with a Waterlox oil finish. I put a wedge laminate on the headstock as all the hardware was missing and the original tuners were very large and impossible to find. I used american hipshot ultralites. The original bridge was also impossible to find so it took some time to find an adjustable spacing bridge to accommodate the narrower string spacing. I went with an american Kahler bridge. It required some routing to set flush. The pickups are active. It was missing its original pre-amp so i wired it vol/vol with two different tone controls. It sounds great this way but would be fairly easy to install a pre-amp in as you already have power in there for the pickups. It plays and sounds great. It has a fairly narrow spacing at the nut but is wide enough at the bridge to accommodate finger style and slap very comfortably. It is very comfortable 5-string. I really like the way it turned out but I rarely if ever play a five anymore and my stable is out of control. It should be played. Someone's gonna get great deal.

Looking for $350 plus actual shipping. The hardware alone is worth that. No trades please. No case but will be professionally packaged.

P.S. its a light one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]