1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS only 1986 Ibanez Roadstar II rb885 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SneakyT, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SneakyT

SneakyT

Alright a little history here. This one was in terrible shape before I saved it. It started off an opalescent white but was only wearing about half of its original paint when it got to me. I refinished it in a transparent black stain with a Waterlox oil finish. I put a wedge laminate on the headstock as all the hardware was missing and the original tuners were very large and impossible to find. I used american hipshot ultralites. The original bridge was also impossible to find so it took some time to find an adjustable spacing bridge to accommodate the narrower string spacing. I went with an american Kahler bridge. It required some routing to set flush. The pickups are active. It was missing its original pre-amp so i wired it vol/vol with two different tone controls. It sounds great this way but would be fairly easy to install a pre-amp in as you already have power in there for the pickups. It plays and sounds great. It has a fairly narrow spacing at the nut but is wide enough at the bridge to accommodate finger style and slap very comfortably. It is very comfortable 5-string. I really like the way it turned out but I rarely if ever play a five anymore and my stable is out of control. It should be played. Someone's gonna get great deal.

Looking for $350 plus actual shipping. The hardware alone is worth that. No trades please. No case but will be professionally packaged.

P.S. its a light one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]