SOLD FS Only: BRAND NEW GENZ BENZ GBE 1200

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by starmann, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmann

starmann Flats and Fingers Supporting Member

I have a BRAND NEW GENZ BENZ GBE 1200.....1200 powerful watts a@ 2oms....Check the specs at the genz benz link below.

I use one myself and bought this for backup if needed for a project. The Project never happened and there is no need for two.

This is an amp that compares and even Supersedes a Mesa Carbine 900, IMO....More Power and more Tonal Control.

This is a true AB Class, 42lb Amp with a Tube AND a Solid state Pre-amp, and is 2ohm stable (i.e. 4 8ohm cabs, if you like)

Don't let any one tell you that the power you get from an AB amp with a Huge Toroidal Transformer doesn't give you may More "real, air moving" power than that of a Class D amp. As an owner of Several Class D amps, their light weight does have a purpose, but NOT TO MOVE, serious Air, hard hitting air, IMO:bassist:

I will leave you with this last example. There are some four cylinder high tech engines that deliver over 300hp. And there are V8 Engines that do the same. They both have "real specs", but the V8 FEELS LIKE IT HAS MORE POWER than the four cylinder.

This is for someone who wants Real "Stage Power" and the ability to be 2ohm stable, that means 4 8ohm cabs of your choice.

Genz Benz only several months ago was selling this for $1499 and maybe discounted for $1299. if you were lucky.

As many know Genz Benz is going through a "reported" re-branding to Fender....Rumor has it.

This amp also comes complete with a five button wired foot switch. And 3year transferable warranty.

The unit is brand new and I have burned it in for 24 hours and she is Perfect....

This truly can be your last chance to own a powerhouse like this for this price.

http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&mid=1839&sid=422&cid=95

Three Year Transferable Warranty

$1050 shipped to Lower 48 Only

Check my feedback...NEW MEANS NEW

Call me for more info:

615 530 5788

2. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

I have a GBE750 and its incredible! Built like a tank, tons of tone options and one of the best sounding DI ive ever heard.

GLWS

3. starmann

She is Still Available, Hard to Find and a Killer Amp.:bassist:

Call me with questions, as I use one too.

615 530 5788

Jef

4. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Bump for a fantastic amp.

I just purchased one of these and I can't say enough good things about it.

This is the most brilliant sounding amp Ive ever owned. And if you look at my previously owned gear, there is quite a list.

The retailers are out of these forever, get this one before its too late.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. starmann

Sean is correct...This is a killer amp and I use one myself.

All mail answered...She is still Available:bassist:

7. starmann

All mail answered...She is still Available:bassist:

8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

unfortunately every time i see one of these at a music store, they don't have serious enough cabs to put it through the paces

9. starmann

I can tell you from using one as my MAIN amp, nothing compares...Even when it discounted for $1500.

In addition, it is one of only a handful that goes down to 2 oms, that means 4 8ohm cabs.

Call me if you want more info.

Jeff

615 530 5788

10. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Not only is it a brilliant sounding amp but a brilliant amp as well. All those little blue lights draw women like moths to a flame.

11. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

I have one of these. I had a Shuttlemax 12.0. This is like the Shuttlemax but with more grind, tighter control of the speakers, and more slam, more heft, more immediacy. Loaned it to a friend when his Acoustic Image was in the hospital. He drove two 4 ohm cabs with it one gig and said it "made internal organs bleed." Yet it's subtle enough to get some very pretty sounds at low volume.

My favorite way to run this head is mixing the FET and TUBE channels, dialing in the tube side for just a hint of breakup, with more of the lows coming from the FET side and more of the highs from the TUBE side. Very lively sound.

12. SteveC

SteveC

If you aren't worried about weight, this is the head to have. Amazing.

13. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized greenboy designs builder
    I've spent way too much on gear lately, but I've always wanted to try one of those heads!

14. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

It's possible that I may be interested in this.. I've written a thread titled "Running 2 aggie gs112s with a streamliner 600"

Could you give me some insight on there?

15. starmann

I saw your thread. Regarding 2Ohms, this gives you the ability to add up to four 8 ohm cabs.

Regarding lack of power, the GBE 1200 delivers power in a different way. You have a class D amp which is very light like my Genz Benz shuttle 9.2. And of course light weight is the plus factor for these amps. However, an amp like this with a Heavy Toroidal transformer delivers its power differently which translates into more low end air movement and more depth in the "real world" (you will know what I mean once you play through it):bassist:. I wish I could tell you more technically but I'm not an engineer.

I will leave you with this last example. There are some four cylinder high tech engines that deliver over 300hp.

And there are V8 Engines that do the same. They both have "real specs", but the V8 FEELS LIKE IT HAS MORE POWER than the four cylinder.

So basically, in my opinion a class D amp, which I also own, CAN NOT COMPARE to the "real world feel" for "moving air" like a GBE 1200 for "moving air" and adding depth to your music.

a lot of inquiries:

She is Still Available
    :bassist:

16. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

You just made me want this more.

17. MarkA

Been playing with my GBE today. I'm not going to touch the four-banger vs. v-8 analogy or comment specifically on the lead-sled vs. class D thing, but I will reiterate that this particular amp feels more immediate to me than any class D head I've tried (Aguilar, Genz, and three different Markbass heads).

Compared to the Shuttlemax 12.0 I used to own (owned simultaneously with this head, and I A/Bed them more than once) this one has a bit more grind/texture (though you can smooth it out with the EQ) but the most meaningful difference to me was this: playing fast, staccato/muted passages through the Max, I could hear just a bit of overhang when the note stopped. With the GBE, when the note stops, the speaker stops -- BAM. I'd guess that the GBE has a higher damping factor, and thus tighter control of the speaker, but that is just speculation. All I know is that it feels drier, a little more solid, a little more immediate, and thus, to me, more confidence-inspiring.

One interesting thing: Running through the tube side solo (which I'd not done in a long time), you can actually get some tube compression before it starts to break up. Nothing much (it's not a "tubey" amp), but enough to be noticeable and different from the FET side.

There are a couple of good threads on this amp if you search for it. Wouldn't be my first choice to cop a Streamliner tone (don't have much experience with that amp, but the couple of times I've played through one it struck me as very different than the GBE!), but it's really versatile and, IMO, hits way harder than a Streamliner.

18. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

I also have the GBE 1200. It simply kills all Class D amps and leaves them left behind in puddles of despair. ;)

Great seller here folks - GLWTS bump.

19. jnumme

jnumme Low End To No End Supporting Member

Bump is what you'll get . Massive tone !

20. MarkA

Did you all know that this thing has three effects loops? Yep, three:

One for the FET channel (EQ and global filters active), one for the TUBE channel (ditto) and one MASTER effects loop/power-amp-in (EQ and global filters bypassed).

Scroll down and take a look at the back panel. Crazy versatile head.

If this includes the Genz footswitch (think they all come with it new, but correct me if I'm wrong), that gives you a lot of control over things onstage. Channel switching/mixing, aside from the tone shaping possibilities, can serve as a nice boost.

21. starmann

Thanks Mark, I tried to get it all in the OP but no one wants to read what I have:hyper:

And yes, being brand new it does of course come with a very versatile, also, brand new, five button foot switch. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.