1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS only: Carvin LB-75 5-string - walnut, J/MM, great player!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bollenator, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bollenator

Bollenator

Well, the time has finally come. My GAS has abated (slightly ;)) with a couple recent acquisitions, so I need to keep my promise to my wife and let this one go. I'm the only owner - purchased it custom-made new from Carvin in summer of '00, so it's just north of 10 years old, though aside from some pretty standard player's wear (see pics below), you might not know it. This has been my only bass that whole time, until just recently. It plays great, sounds great, wears well on a strap, and is just an all-around really solid player's bass.

It's been setup recently with EADGC; I didn't change the nut, though, so you can string it up how you see fit.

Here are the details:
    • '00 Carvin LB-75 fretted 5-string, 9.5lbs
    • Walnut body, satin oil finish
    • Matching walnut headstock
    • 34"-scale maple/walnut 5-pc through-neck with 24-fret ebony board
    • Custom full-width string spacing (confirmed it's 19mm)
    • Abalone dot inlays
    • Single-coil J-style pickup in neck, MM humbucker in bridge with series/parallel switch
    • Carvin 3-band active electronics (Vol-Blend-Bass-Mid-Treb)
    • Black hardware
    • Shipped in OHSC (Carvin gig bag available, but only willing to ship separately)
    • I have a pair of chrome Schaller strap lock buttons that I can throw in, no charge - just let me know
    Current new price with same options is almost $1300, so I'm asking a very reasonable $580 shipped CONUS. No trades, no international, PayPal is fine, etc.

Thanks for looking! Please give this baby a good home - she's been real good to me for the last decade. :crying:

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shots of wear:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Awwww MAN! :bawl:
    I wanted a walnut Carvin 4ever!

Sorry you arent looking for trades and good luck with the sale.

3. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

4. Bollenator

Bollenator

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cdawzrd

cdawzrd

Bump for that being a super-sexy instrument. I'd jump on that if I could. Hope it finds a loving owner!

7. Bollenator

Bollenator

Thanks cdawzrd! Morning bump.

8. frtlsbss

frtlsbss

Nice bass! I have a koa LB75F and would love to have a fretted partner for it. How's the neck action/relief & truss rod? Can you post a photo of the truss rod nut? Lot's of horror stories of carvin truss rod nuts breaking free - in a neck-thru, that's terminal.
    Thanks!

9. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

If that was a fretless I'd just buy it and claim ignorance of the whole transaction to the Mrs. when it arrived - like a temporary insanity/amnesia thing :lol:

But a gorgeous bass at a fantastic price!

10. Bollenator

Bollenator

The action is quite nice - neck is straight and the fretwork is quite good. It's no hand-made boutique bass, but I've never had any issues with my medium-low preferred action.

As for the truss rod, it's perfect. I just had it set up recently when I went back to EADGC and the tech didn't have anything to say, which I took as "no news is good news." :)

Here are a couple quick pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Bollenator

Bollenator

Bump - I'm open to offers, though please no low-balls. This is a great bass at (IMO) an already nice price, but I do need to move it, so let me know if you're interested and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks!

12. frtlsbss

frtlsbss

13. Bollenator

Bollenator

*sniff* My baby is sold! Thanks all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.