1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS Only: High End Analog Recording Gear...Hard to find.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Tomis17, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

I have some high end recording gear that I would like to sell. Sorry but this is a for sale only thread. No trades and no low ball offers.

1. Empirical Labs EL8X Distressor/Compressor. This is an amazing compressor! This unit will give you the vintage sound that every recording engineer is after. This Empirical Labs Distressor EL-8X single-channel analog compressor adds some distinctive British flavor to an already outstanding unit! The EL-8X provides the aggressive "all buttons in" characteristics obtained from the classic LN1176, courtesy of an onboard British Mode switch. While the Distressor can function very smoothly and transparently, the addition of the British Mode allows it to take on a very "un-subtle" character, giving you the best of two compressors in one! If you want the functionality of a Distressor plus aggressive "British" vibe, choose the EL-8X! It is used but still in good condition. These run $1500 new. I am asking $1100 shipped within continental us firm. SOLD!!!

2. A Designs Pacifica stereo mic preamp. Probably one of the most sought after preamps in the market. If you're looking for a preamp with the depth of a Neve, the clear midrange of API, and the top end of a Massenburg, you'll find all that in the Pacifica by A Designs. In fact, that's what people who have access to all of the above are saying about the Pacifica. A Designs Pacifica brings back the sound of the Quad Eight console of the '70s (Pink Floyd's The Wall and Boston's More Than a Feeling were mixed on Quad Eight), which in its day was considered the best of the top three - the other two being Neve and API. If you're a small studio that can only afford one really good preamp, this is the preamp to get. It has been barely used. Other than minor rack rash, it's in like new condition. They run $2100 new. I am asking $[DEL]1600[/DEL] $1500 shipped conus firm.

3. Benchmark ADC1 Converter. This is as good as it gets when you are looking for an Analog to Digital converter. It is in mint condition. Here is the manufacturer specs: The ADC1 is a two-channel, 24-bit, 192-kHz Analog-to-Digital audio converter with a USB interface. As with the companion DAC1, the ADC1 pushes the limits of conversion technology and yet maintains an affordable price point. Digital audio created by the ADC1 provides a stunningly faithful recreation of the input signal. The distortion free output is so pristine you can now record detail which was previously masked by jitter induced artifacts and distortion. Hear what your audio can really sound like with the ADC1! Main output sample rates are 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192kHz, with a word length of 24-bits. The main output signal is simultaneously on XLR, BNC, and 192-kHz capable Toslink connectors. Output signal format choices include: AES, S/PDIF and ADAT. A simultaneous secondary output provides 44.1 or 48-kHz output with a switch selectable 16 or 24-bit word length resolution. This output is intended for safety backup recordings. The secondary output has the same quality as and is fully independent from the Main outputs in both sample rate and word length. The reference input features auto-detection and lock to a source format of either AES, S/PDIF, word clock, or super-clock. The ADC1 has its own internal, international, toroidal power supply. These run $1800 new. I am asking $[DEL]1400[/DEL] $1300 shipped conus.

4. Peluso 2247 LE Telefunken Tube Mic - The Peluso 22 47 LE is a large diaphragm condenser microphone styled after the legendary "Neumann U-47". The Peluso 22 47 LE is equipped with a vintage German 'EF' style steel tube (Stahlröhren) manufactured between the 1940s and the '60s. These vintage tubes are thoroughly tested and fully covered by our 3-year warranty. With nearly identical specifications, this tube provides the same sonic qualities as the original U-47's VF14 tube. This vintage tube provides the Peluso 22 47 Limited Edition with the true vintage sound connoisseurs crave. Professional engineers enjoy great success with the 22 47 LE for a wide range of applications from male and female vocals, acoustic guitar to tenor sax. There are countless applications for this versatile microphone. The "47" is known for its clear sound while capturing low frequency nuances with smooth mid range and balanced high end. Connoisseurs will be proud to have a genuine vintage tube paired with the highest quality brand new capsule and components built to the specifications of the vintage equipment. Our 22 47 LE has the additional feature of 9 polar patterns, controlled from the power supply. It captures the low frequency nuances of the original U-47 with smooth mids and balanced highs. The microphone comes as a complete system including: 22 47 LE Microphone in a Wood Box, Power Supply, New-style 8-Pin Screw on Cable Assembly, and a Shock Mount all packed in a Flight Case. This mic runs $2100 new. I am asking [DEL]$1600[/DEL] shipped conus firm.

5. Sequis Motherload speaker simulator - This is a dummy load and speaker simulator of the highest order...It allows you to push your amps to whatever extent you need to get the sound you're looking for while keeping the volume down. It was designed primarily for stage work, but it is fantastic in the studio...It makes it very easy to get a good sound balance on stage...you will no longer have to choose between tinnitus and a limp sound...It will save you many hours in the studio. You just plug it in dial up your sound - there are no bad ones - and start recording. You don't have to buggerise around for hours with different cabs and mic's, it's just all there at your fingertips. Sound Quality: 10 Actually it goes way past ten 10 - it takes your sound to places you have only wished for in the past. If you are looking for a sound, any sound, but haven't found it, my suggestion would be to start with one of these. If 10 is the best guitar sound you have heard this is 12... and it is built in a way that would make a military engineer proud. It will outlive you ... in a good rack it may outlive civilization...it is a piece of pro gear that will last a lifetime and evolve with your sound... and you've got to ask how much is that worth? When you consider that to get it's extrodinary sound quality and flexibility this thing does the job of not one high-end mic and cab combination, but many, and then the sound proof room to put them in, you're actually getting a helsinkihelveticanetica of a lot for your dollar. These sells new for $1199 and are currently out of stock. I am asking [DEL]$900[/DEL] $850 shipped conus.

6. Last but not least, it's not a high end recording unit but it helps (sometimes), and much more affordable ---> BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer. There isn't a task in audio that can't benefit from the 882 Sonic Maximizer! A big claim, but it's true. In your studio, during performance or broadcast, for general sound reinforcement, the 882 works its special kind of audio magic. This unit, which feature a 1/4" thick extruded aluminum faceplate anchored to chassis via hex head bolts, also benefits from improved graphics which are easier to read in poorly lit environments. In addition, new knurled, aluminum knobs have been incorporated for ease of control and a more positive feel, often critical to musicians, live sound mixers and DJs making fine adjustments mid-performance. The Sonic Maximizers coax out the authentic sonic brilliance of a performance, giving you clean sound unhampered by the deviations that occur anytime music is played through a sound system. The highs in your sound are bright and articulate, the lows are tight and rich, the strings sparkle, the percussion cracks, the vocals shine. Your instruments take on a whole new level of realism - the level they lost when they were first recorded or played through a sound system. And the final result is pure and musical. You hear the great performance; you don't hear the machine at work. Experience the magic of the 882 Sonic Maximizer from BBE! This run $250 new. I am asking [DEL]$160[/DEL] $150 shipped conus. SOLD
    I will try to get pics of each unit within the next couple days. In the meantime, you can check out pics and specs at www.soundpure.com. It's where I get all my recording gear. The guys there are great to deal with! Feel free to call them and ask about any of the items listed (except the BBE, of course).

2. Tomis17

The EL8X is sold! Getting some interesting offers on the other stuff but nothing set in stone yet. You won't fin these items in the used market a lot. Get them before they're gone.

3. Tomis17

Bump for price drop

4. Tomis17

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tomis17

7. Skygonzo

Skygonzo Supporting Member

8. Tomis17

Some inquiries, but still here.

9. Tomis17

BBE 882i SOLD!!!

10. Tomis17

11. Tomis17

Pacifica now sold! Still have the Peluso 2247LE mic, Benchmark ADC, and Motherload.

12. Tomis17