1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS Only : Modded Brubaker Brute MJX-5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Shooter McGavin, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Dam you people. This is golf. Not a rock concert.. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Up for sale is my very nicely modified Brubaker Brute MJX-5 in Mediterranean finish!! I am selling to finance the purchase of a Salas custom 5-er I just picked up. I purchased this bass here on Talkbass back in 2010 and it has lived up to the hype!! I just have too many basses. Over the last year or so I have received a couple of inquiries regarding this beast being for sale - so I have priced to sell and hope it moves fast to someon who can really use it. As I have over 20 basses, this guy really received a minimum of playing.

Bass has been upgraded with Bartolini jazz and MM pickups and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp with a toggle switches for the mids and parallel/single coil/series swithching for the MM pickup. Can get a variety of tones and is very comfortable to play.

Here are the specs:

Nato body
    Maple fingerboard and neck
    Wood pickguard
    34 inch scale
    Aguilar OBP-3 preamp
    Bartolini classic jazz and MM pickups

Pretty light at 9 lbs. I can only find two dings on the front of the bass. But with the black body they are not noticeable. Above the pickguard at the top end of the bass and near the bottom end by the jack. Also, there is a small imperfection in the neck on the B side right below the third fret marker dot.

Also, I removed all of the markings on the headstock except for the "Brubaker" logo.... I thought it looked a little too 'busy' and it more resembles on of the higher end models this way.

You can get this one totally pimped out for (SOLD FOR $600) shipped in a good quality gig bag. ConUS only and I am not looking for trades as I need the cash!! Paypal is accepted and please no lowball offers. Please PM me, or, to reach me faster - email at chev454@comcast.net

THANKS GUYS (and Gals.... ?) - ROCK ON :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Bass Clef

Mr. Bass Clef

0   0   0

Bump for a nice bass that I wish I could have!
  3. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Dam you people. This is golf. Not a rock concert.. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

"Where's the love?" bump
  4. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

More Pics?

Back of neck and front of altered headstock would be good if possible.
  5. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I think this was my bass and I wish I had the money to get it back. This is one of those I regret selling. It was very versatile and played so easily. Bump for a wonderful playing and sounding bass!!!!
  6. Shooter McGavin

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Yes, Robear - this was your bass. I will try to post some more pics tomorrow.
  7. Shooter McGavin

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Here's a few more pics, as requested : two of the rear, one showing the small defect in the neck - I can only describe it as a small depression - maybe 1/2" long and 1/64" deep - not sure how it got there and may have been there as long as I had it. It's not really a big thing as far as I was concerned, its just something you might barely notice under your thumb when playing. I guess it could be filled in pretty easily. Also, one pic of 'cleaned up' headstock now showing just the Brubaker logo like the 'big ones' do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Shooter McGavin

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

"All offers considered" Sunday bump
  9. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

10. Shooter McGavin

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

On hold pending payment!
  11. gustobassman

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Payment sent!
  12. Shooter McGavin

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

SOLD to gustobassman!!! Thanks, man!!
  13. Robear22

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

You are going to like it. I was really trying to get the funds to get this back. Oh well on to the next thing!!!!
  14. gustobassman

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Robear, you are first in line if i decide its not for me. I can tell you loved it!
  15. Robear22

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Appreciate that. Just let me know but I have a feeling you are going to like her!!!!
  16. Shooter McGavin

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Robear, sorry you couldn't get the funds together man - wish I could have sold it back to you!