FS Only: Sunburst Fender Cabronita with a few improvements

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ratbut, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

****SOLD****SOLD****SOLD****SOLD
    This is a 6 month old Fender Cabronita that has never left my house, it is immaculate. I bought it with the idea of giving it a light relic/satin treatment, but that project has lost steam. I have added a ebony thumbrest right above the pick up so that it feels like a regular Fender Pbass, the string retainer has been replaced with a 3 string retainer, and I changed out the recessed jack with a chrome Les Paul style plate so you are not limited to straight instrument cords. I also added a "F" neck plate, but that is cosmetic. I love the way the humbucker Pick up sounds and the neck has a nice shape to it. The Gig bag still has the tags on it and it will ship in the original box. It is set up with some pretty fresh EB Reg slinkys (45-105). $450.00 shipped to the lower 48 states, No international sales. Thanks for looking
  2. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

3. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

I also have a still in the package Genuine Fender vintage style bridge that I was going to install when I got a chance, it will be included in the deal
  4. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

Did I mention I'm not interested in any trades, I gotta "thin the herd" with this sale. Here is a photo of the new bridge
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

Includes new in the box Flatwound Chromes
  7. Joel Graham

Joel Graham I Brake for Basses! Supporting Member

Diggin' that 2-piece alder body! These things look like future vintage appeal from here. Nice example! GLWTS!
  8. Ratbut

Ratbut Supporting Member

I think if it goes unsold for much longer I'm gonna install the vintage bridge and flats. The bridge that comes on it seems out of place IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.