1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS only: Warwick Thumb Bolt-on Broadneck 6 string bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bongostealth, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

For sale is my 2008 "New old stock" made-in-Germany Thumb bolt-on broad-neck 6 string bass.

[DEL]$1550 shipped. Firm. PayPal only. NO TRADES.[/DEL] SOLD!

Here is my bolt-on Thumb. It's from 2008 but I bought it new several months ago. The only reason I'm selling it is because I already have another Thumb and I need the money, and thus can't justify owning two right now. It was a "new old stock" bass. It wasn't even a test model. The bass is in near-mint condition except that there is one tiny knick on the neck. But if you rub some wood oil on it, it will basically no longer be visible. I just don't have any of that oil. Note that the ovangkol grain on this beauty is slightly darker than the usual ovangkol on most other Warwick Thumbs.

This bass is modded. I don't have the original pickups and preamp. I installed Bartolini dual-coil pickups and a Bartolini 3-band preamp. I also installed a series/single-coil switch. Therefore, when you play this bass, you actually get two basses in a sense. In series mode, the bass sounds like a cross between a Thumb and a Roscoe. Pure warm and burpy tone! In single-coil mode, it sounds like a jazz bass. This modification took this bass to a whole new dimension sonically and in versatility! MILES apart from the stock set-up. In either mode, this bass growls like a lion. You have to hear it to believe it.

The neck is straight as an arrow, the action is stupid-low, and there are no dead spots and no fret buzzing anywhere on the fretboard. The intonation is also on point.

Specifications:
    --Body: Ovangkol
    --Neck: Ovangkol
    --Fingerboard: Wenge
    --Pickups: Bartolini P46CBC dual-coil pickups
    --Preamp: Bartolini NTMB 4.6 A/P
    --Controls: push/pull volume for active/passive selection, blend, push/pull mids, bass/treble stack, 2-way series/single-coil switch
    --Scale: 34"
    --String spacing: 20mm
    --Weight: 11.5 lbs
    --Strings: D'Addario Prosteels

As you can see, this bass is not for the faint of heart. If you know Warwick, you'll instantly recognize what this bass can do.

The bass comes in a hard shell case and comes with Warwick security locks.

You won't find another Thumb like THIS ONE any time soon, if at all. You will NOT be disappointed!

Attached Files:

2. bongostealth

Two more pics...

Attached Files:

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    I used to have one of these, but not with all the nice Bart stuff. Mine sounded like an earthquake, so I can only imagine with this one....

4. pdfx

pdfx

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bongostealth

7. bongostealth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.