1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Partscaster With '77 Strat Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by peabody, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

One of my local repair shops has a giveaway at the end of the year with the prize being a guitar the owner has put together. This year's prize is really unique...and I won!

While I noodle around with guitar, I really don't need another one, so I have decided to put it up for sale. I feel bad about selling it, because it really is unique and cool, but I just found a Lakland Hollowbody 30 at a decent price, so I need the funds.

Here's what I can tell you about the guitar...
    It is a Partscaster, with the body coming from a '77 Strat. The finish has been removed, so it is down to the bare wood. It looks super cool in a natural finish, but it is all ready for a refin if that's what you want to do.

It is loaded with a set of Fender Lace Sensor pickups and gold hardware. The whammy bar is included.

The neck is really unique. It has a highly ornate inlaid fretboard. I don't know much about the neck, but it plays great. The frets seem to be sticking out a bit, but I have to tell you, we have experienced some of our coldest weather in 20 years and I have to think the temp and humidity is affecting it. It is a 3 bolt, with a Fender neck plate.

I will be the first to admit, this is not a lightweight. It comes in a little over 10 lbs on my digital scale...but it has a nice balance.

It will ship with a tolex case that is almost like new. The only trade I may consider would be for a Lakland Skyline Hollowbody 30...one of the new short scale hollowbodies Lakland has out...and some money on my end of course.

Price is $425 shipped to the lower 48...payable through PayPal or a USPS Money Order. Just send me a PM with with questions, or feel free to shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@gmail.com.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Drop-D

Drop-D Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Any interest in parting out the body?
  3. peabody

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

You know, I thought about that, but at this point I think I'm going to try to sell it as is. I'll be sure to let you know if I change my mind for some reason. Thanks...
  4. peabody

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

I have decided to take this guitar off the market and close the thread. The owner of the shop that had the giveaway said he'd allow me to return it and he'd give me a credit toward a bass. He has a cool looking vintage Gibson Ripper that I have my eye on, so I think I'm going to go that route. Thanks everyone for your interest!

FYI...If you do have an interest in the guitar, I encourage you to contact Jim Zill at Instrument Repair of La Crosse, as I'm sure it will be back on the market. Here's his website...http://www.ifixguitars.com/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.