SOLD FS: Peavey GV, Red Sparkle

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NicJimBass, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

If you're reading this, you likely already know what it is. For those that don't, this is a Peavey GV, which is the 5-string version of the G-Bass. In layman's terms, this is a bolt-on, graphite-necked Cirrus. Graphite neck (rumored to be made by Modulus, but never 100% confirmed), alder body in a beautiful red sparkle finish, 18v Cirrus pickups and preamp, ABM bridge, 35" scale. Weight is 8.8lbs according to my bathroom scale. When I bought this, it looked to be NOS. I have put a few scratches on it over the past year or so, but they are nothing major. Biggest modification I did was to add countersunk Dunlop strap locks. Makes it look cleaner, and the balance is unaffected. This is the generation that has the graphite weaving visible on the headstock only. The rest of the neck is black.

Overall, a great bass... plays effortlessly, sounds massive. The neck really accentuates the lows and highs nicely.Will ship in a Peavey hardshell case. It's not in the greatest condition, but is fully functional and will protect the bass in-transit.

Asking $600 + shipping. I'm willing to ship internationally, but contact me first, please. Not looking for trades at this time. PM me with questions. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scratches on the lower-back edge:
    [​IMG]

Another scratch:
    [​IMG]

Scratch on the back, as well as a missing piece on the micro-tilt (cosmetic only, micro-tilt still works 100%):
    [​IMG]

Countersunk straplock:
    [​IMG]

2. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.