SOLD FS: Peavey GV

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NicJimBass, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

Bought this as a backup to my other GV, but haven't needed it. Circa 2000 Peavey GV in Charcoal Violet Metallic.... fancy term for purple, although in the right light, it can look more blue or grey. Pickguard is homemade, installed with double-sided tape, and will likely stay with me, unless you really want it. Modulus-made graphite neck, alder body, Cirrus pickups and 18v preamp, ABM bridge. Comes with flush mounted straplocks (not pictured). It's in really good condition, only a few very small scratches here and there. There is a small crack in the finish near the neck pocket. I'll try to get pics of it tonight. When I got it earlier this year, the back cover still had the plastic and factory barcode on it. Barcode is now on the inside of the cover. These things are rare and awesome... TONS of low end without touching the EQ, highs are very present, but can be tamed with the EQ. It's a graphite necked, bolt-on Cirrus.

Asking $600 shipped east of the Mississippi, $600+shipping west. Will ship international, $600 + actual shipping. I prefer personal check or money order, but will take PayPal. PM me with questions/ offers. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kbass00

kbass00

does it have a truss rod?

3. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy

I think the Peavey's do have a truss rod. Also the bottom of the neck looks notched.

4. NicJimBass

Yes, it does have a truss rod. The notch at the end of the neck is where the truss rod wheel, similar to those on Ernie Ball Music Man basses, is.

The thing with these necks, to me, is that they give the bass a different tone than wood. There seems to be more lows and highs than with wood. They are as stable, maybe a bit more than wood, but I do occasionally have to adjust the neck. I think it's due in part to having a wood fingerboard.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. NicJimBass

Thread closed. She's staying with me.

7. NicJimBass

Zombie thread!

Found a new squeeze, so I'm letting this one go.

TRADES: Peavey US Cirrus 5, preferably Bubinga, or US Millennium 5. Also interested in fretless basses (4 or 5) or a Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter Pro. PM me with offers/ questions. Thanks!

8. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Wish I was in a position to pick this up...

9. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

I wish you were looking for something I'd be willing to let go of :(

How wide is the neck at the nut, what is the neck profile, and how much does it weigh?

10. NicJimBass

I'm open to other stuff too... what I listed are my preferences.

Width at the nut is right around 1.75". Not exactly sure how to describe the profile... it's not thin, but not super thick. Similar to my StingRay 5, if that helps. Or a Foundation, if I'm remembering that neck right. Weight isn't horrible... I'd estimate it around 9ish lbs., maybe a little more.

11. Webtroll

Any interest in a clean white US SUB 4 string with a white pickguard, SGD Lutherie preamp, Hipshot D tuner and an MM injection molded case? Great bass but I find myself using 5ers for my current project. No worries if you're not interested.

12. NicJimBass

Sounds like a great bass, for sure, but I too am using 5's for most everything. In fact, I have a StingRay 5 at home in it's case just collecting dust. I really appreciate the offer though!

13. Webtroll

No sweat, I wouldn't be offering except I'm primarily using 5ers for my band as well, and I like tighter spacing. I'll probably post some other things in the near future like an Ergo 5 string upright (despite what I wanted it does not play like an electric fretless!) and odds and ends. Good luck with the sale!

14. NicJimBass

Trade pending. Thanks for the offers everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.