1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Pedulla Thunderbolt w/ Nordstrand Big Splits and Audere Pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Envincibal, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Envincibal

Envincibal Supporting Member

I'm not playing any of my 19mm spaced basses much at all anymore, so, as much as I hate to let it go...
    This is a 19mm )(wide spaced) Pedulla Thunderbolt that has had the pickups and preamp replaced:
    Nordstrand Big Splits and an Audere 4-band + Zmode + active/passive switch.

If you're wondering how different this is than the stock setup... night and day!
    The stock setup (Bart pre and pickups) had a nice growly sound, actually less aggressive than Thunderbolts with the older pickups and pre (older preamp was Vol/Bal/Tone+Thunderguts mid boost). The overall tone was a bit refined, but still had some growl to it.

The current setup is much more versatile - you have much more control over your EQ with the 4-band (bass/treble/low mids/high mids), and if that's not enough, there is the z-mode option (low/mid/high): there is more info on Audere's website that can better explain this.
    The preamp is also set for 18 volts for additional headroom.

There are some dings on the bass that I'll try to show in the pics that will follow.

I just recently had the bass plek'd by Phil Tone in Baltimore (I have the receipt somewhere and will post it for proof) - he had nothing but positive things to say about the bass.

It will come with a Pedulla hardshell case, the Pedulla truss rod tool, and strap locks as well.

I have well over $2k in this bass, but would like to see $1,800 shipped CONUSA for it. I am in no rush to sell it, and don't need to, but thought I would see what responses I would get.

In natural light, the blues in the body really shone! Inside it may appear more greenish.

No longer for sale... she's too good to let go of

Attached Files:

2. Envincibal

Pics

Attached Files:

3. Envincibal

Pics

Attached Files:

4. Envincibal

There are some chips around the bridge pickup

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Envincibal

There is some buckle-rash on the back - I tried to capture it the best I could

Attached Files:

7. Envincibal

Attached Files:

8. Envincibal

Fingerboard & full bass

Attached Files:

9. Envincibal

more body shots

Attached Files:

10. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Looking at the pickups, it looks like the neck pickup has the newer Nordstrand logo and the bridge pickup has the older logo. Did you buy the pickups at different times or from different people?

11. Envincibal

they were purchased as a set (from BestBassGear IIRC). Its just a white sticker that came off one of the pickups.

12. scubaduba

scubaduba Supporting Member

Sweet bass. Nothing plays like a Pedulla.

13. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

14. itr93_gt7

itr93_gt7 Supporting Member

15. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

:rollno: ...This shows up right after I bought my second choice. I LOVE Thunderbolts!!!

16. Up the dose

Up the dose

Nicest Pedulla I've ever seen. Finish is stunning.

17. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

18. joebar

joebar

great seller folks
    just sold me the nicest sounding pedulla bass ever
    free bump

19. Lindsey Burke

Lindsey Burke Supporting Member

Why was it necessary to have the bass plek'd?

20. Envincibal

I was getting fret buzz no matter how I was setting up the bass. I had heard that there was a shop in Balt that did great work and he had a plek machine, and since I travel to the DC area on business somewhat regularly, my curiosity got the best of me regarding the pleking...

I'm sure I could have the fret work done here in the Philly area, but am glad I gave the bass to Phil (great guy and spent some time with me - and he was extremely busy, but never made me feel rushed); he showed me the before and after scans of my fretboard, and I had the classic ski slope on the upper portion of the neck. After the work was done you could see the results via the computerized model from the plek machine, but more importantly, the bass was playable once again :bassist:

I have to find the receipt to get an accurate description of all the work that was done, but basically, I had 2 or 3 frets replaced (positions 1 -3), the upper 4 or 5 frets were removed, the fretboard leveled and then the frets replaced.

21. Lindsey Burke

Lindsey Burke Supporting Member

Thanks for the info on that. Got a weight on the bass?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.