1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

SOLD FS: Plywood Cleveland New Standard (NYC)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Wiegraf, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Wiegraf

Wiegraf Supporting Member

4200$ or best offer. Excellent condition except for two places on the instrument (included in photos).

2006 Made, David Gage Realist Pickup, Carbon Fiber Endpin, Composite Tailpiece, Spiro Weich Strings currently.

3/4 bass, huge sound.

Located: UES, Manhattan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy. Ye
  2. 834federal

834federal Supporting Member

3. Wiegraf

Thanks bump
  4. 834federal

I'm in Philly, but I might just want to come up and check out the bass. Do you have any recordings of it? I'm intrigued by these basses, as I've been a fan of Schnitzer and of American Standards for a while now. thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wiegraf

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, I don't have any recordings of this bass. I've only used it on a handful of gigs since 2009 when I got my main bass (also from Arnold), a 1960s hungarian carved instrument.

If I go visit my parents I might have some recordings from my days in pre-college when I first started playing (almost 7 years ago, haha). I'll let you know.. but idk if you want to hear a 16 year old kid playing :)
  7. 834federal

cool. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm thinking of making a sojourn up there soon and I'd love to try the bass out when I do. By the way, maybe you can answer this- what's this "bump" thing everyone says? I'm old and confused!
  8. 834federal

Hey there, again. I'm probably going to be up in your area on Friday 5/30. Any chance I could take a look at the bass?
    Thanks!
  9. Wiegraf

10. 834federal

Hi again. I'm coming up tomorrow 5/30 for a 10:00 appointment at Gage. Can we meet after that? (please re-send your contact info- for some reason I can't find it) Thanks!

-dave
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  11. Wiegraf