SOLD FS (possibly FT): 1978 Guild B-302 NT with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ricky Caboverde, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde

After two years of rocking out with this bass, I'm starting to get an itch for a 5er (and I really miss my previous M Basses fretless) so this awesome bass is now for sale.

It is in very good condition with some obvious signs of use : dings and dents, some buckle rash, a bit of finish chipped off from the bottom corners, etc... The pickups are very loud and can be aggressive when you dig in. She also has very nice low action (maybe too low for some). It could use a loosening of the truss rod since I slapped on some Thomastik Infeld JF344 strings on it. The only other thing I feel I should mention is that the volume pot for the bridge pickup seems a bit dirty since the volume will occasionally drop out if maxed out (It's working perfectly right now, but it did that on two occasions previously...not while playing of course). Included is the Guild OHSC, original strap buttons, owner's manual and some NOS Guild "reflector" knobs that most people seem to like (although, I personally prefer the giant knobs more).

$1000 shipped (or run trade for a good 5er by me)

I'll try to get some detailed pics up soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde

Morning bump!

The last time a mahogany B302 was up for sale here on TB was nearly 4 years ago (3/2/2010)!!! ...just sayin :smug:

3. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde

Weekend bump!

It's not quite 10:15pm yet, here, but..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iIgzzG1OJU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is from one of my favorite albums!
    Dempsey (?) used a Guild B301 for this album. The B302, having the same pup placement as the B301 but with an added neck pup and separate V and T control, is much more versatile when you consider that the tone of the neck pup is almost hollowbody-like.

4. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.