1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: R Bass SC6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Warwickist, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warwickist

Warwickist

Hey guys,

Looking to sell a beautiful R Bass SC6. Traded another TBer for it earlier in the year and have loved every second of playing it, but I'm GASing really hard for a Hammond B3 and I'm trying to scrape together some funding.

Here are the specs and pictures, straight from the original thread. Looking for [DEL]$2400[/DEL] $2200 OBO. No trades please, unless you have a Hammond B3, DSI Prophet 08+cash, or high end guitar of some kind! :bag:

- 6-string 18mm spacing
    - Single cut design
    - 5-Piece Neck W/ Rosewood fingerboard
    - Solid Ash body W/ Zebrawood pickguard
    - Hipshot hardware
    - Custom made Reed James humbuckers W/ wood covers
    - Bartolini 5.4 5-knob (Vol, Vol, 3 Band EQ W/ Mid Freq push/pull & passive/active switch)
    - 34" Scale
    - 2.125' Nut Width

Link to the pictures here.

Cheers guys, thanks for having a look. Feel free to ask any questions you might have!

2. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

3. Warwickist

Warwickist

4. ENDEENDEA

ENDEENDEA

Awesome bass,,!!

I love my sc6'er Buckeye Burl,,,,

Someone will get a KILLER BASS.!!

Alan,,,,,,:hyper:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dieps17

Dieps17

Where is your location?

7. Warwickist

Warwickist

I'm in Boston. However, I visit Los Angeles every couple weekends and could easily meet you there as well depending on where you're located. :)

And to Alan, thanks for the free bump! You're absolutely right, it's a wonderful instrument.

8. hersonRS3

hersonRS3

Hey! My old bass! Aww man, I kinda regret trading it. Killer bass, Big ups to Jim Reed for making me those custom pickups, Dual Coil Alinico magnets with Black Walnut covers. Bippity Bump!!

9. hersonRS3

hersonRS3

Yo! Are you asking for a Zoom B3 effects pedal? If so, I would love to trade you!! Let me know!

10. Warwickist

Warwickist

All PM's answered, bass still here!

I clarified in my PM to Herson, but might as well put it here too-- the only trade I'd consider is a Hammond B3 tonewheel organ. That's what this sale is meant to fund. :)

11. yokomoyo1

yokomoyo1 Supporting Member

That was my old Bass,I got this Bass from Jorg Shroeder and upgreded it with the
    Zebra Pickguard and wood knobs, Probably it sounds better with the Dual coils
    Good luck with the sale
    Peace

12. AllFourths

AllFourths

Wowwwwww holy slit that thing looks crazy! What a distinctive bass! GLWTS!

13. Warwickist

Warwickist

14. fusionman

fusionman

Would love to consider this but it's a bit out of my range. Thought I'd leave a post here however suggesting that you consider a Nord Stage Piano. for your keyboard. No, it's not a B-3. But has terrific organ effects. I mean awesome. I picked one up used from CraigsList for about $2,000. This is an 88 key weighted....with unreal number of effects from straight acoustic piano to B-3 w Leslie control and everything in btween. If you're sticking to the "real" B-3 I don't blame you...they are priceless. Just thought I'd toss out the idea.

15. MarkA

Public service bump appreciation bump.

16. Warwickist

Warwickist

Definitely a good suggestion on the Nord, but I've gotta have the real deal! :hyper:

17. azflyman

azflyman

Someone needs to buy this so I can get it out of my head.

18. MarkA

Man, I would love to try this thing out and see how it plays. Looked pretty hard at this (even though I told myself I was taking a break from six string) and at a certain five-string. If the five-string weren't on the way... I don't know.

The Reed pickups are a pricey addition, and the body looks like a sweet piece of ash. Neck looks interesting, too -- is that ash in the neck? I've heard of at least one high-end maker (Wood & Tronics) doing that with some basses recently, and I know that Fred Bolton (Bee Basses) has used some non-traditional woods in some necks.

People need to check out the photos of this thing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Warwickist

Warwickist

Location has changed to Los Angeles, CA!

Thanks for the pix there Mark!

20. musicianary

musicianary

This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful basses I've ever seen. GLWTS!

21. Warwickist

Warwickist

Thanks musicianary! You're right, someone's gonna get really lucky with this one sooner or later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.