1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: RARE all tube Trace Elliot goodness! Hexavalve and Twinvalve!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by phishaholik, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

I’ve decided to be realistic and move some of my tube amp collection. I live in a very small house with a bunch of kids and I barely get to play now that I have a baby daughter running around. I love these amps and wish I could keep them. I have for sale two very rare and wonderful amps made by Trace Elliot in England. They are both all tube, power and pre section, and sound absolutely amazing.

Trace Elliot Hexa Valve
    - This is one of the rarest tube amps in the world. From what I read by a former employee of Trace Elliot, there are less than 20 of these fantastic amps in the United States. It runs 6 KT88 power tubes for a whopping 300 watts of power. It is very light weight for a 300 watt tube amp, I’m going to guesstimate less than 50 pounds. I just had this amp in at Protech, who are the most well respected repair shop in the DC area, and they went over every bit of this amp and gave it a clean bill of health after replacing some bad jacks. One of the EQ faders is broken off unfortunately, but it works fine. They said the power amp puts out 200 clean watts before any distortion starts to kick in and when it does, STAND BACK!

It is very full featured for a tube amp. There is a mid-scoop button, EQ in/out button as well as a noise reduction feature. It has foot switchable 12-band EQ which is very powerful as well as fader that can mix an unaltered signal with the EQ. It has a DI as well as an effects loop and a preamp in/power amp out.

The tone on this beast is outstanding. It’s incredible clear while having punch you in the gut with straight up balls all tube power section. I ran my Fodera with this amp into an NV215 and it was genuinely the best tone I have heard in my life. It has that tube 3-D tone but the clarity and note separation is fantastic.

Price: $850 plus shipping in the lower 48. I can also include a MESA head case that fits and matches this head perfectly for another $80. The case also has two fans built into the back of it. This price is a steal for an incredibly rare amp that has had every little detail gone over by a qualified tech.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trace Elliot Twin Valve- This is honestly one of my all time favourite amps that I’ve ever owned. It is also all tube, pre and power sections, and it runs two KT-88 power tubes for 115 watts into 4 or 8 ohms. Don’t let the wattage fool you, this thing is LOUD. It amazes me how loud it can be. We’re talking shaking plates out of the cabinet across the house loud and that’s before it breaks into creamy tube distortion. This amp is also very light weight for a tube amp, I’m going to guesstimate around 25 pounds. I consider this my “micro” tube amp. This amp was also just in the shop at Protech and it was given a clean bill of health all around. However, this amp can be sensitive to the power in certain houses. I brought it in to Protech because it was buzzing at my house. The tech at Protech told me there was no buzz when he listened to it. I asked him to go back and check again and he said he could only hear it if he put his ear up to the speaker and that was because he was listening for it. He replaced a couple of bad jacks on it and said everything else was as good as new.

I love the tone of this amp and it’s honestly an amazing little toaster. The tone is so clear, while being very rich. It has that all tube 3-D tone in spades. I think this one is truly special because you don’t have to turn it up crazy loud to push the power tubes a bit and get that super ballsy tone of an all tube power section being pushed a little bit. I’m not talking distortion, but ultra-harmonically rich clean tone.
    Price: $599 plus shipping in the lower 48.

[​IMG]

This is not a picture of my amp. I got this one off TB and I hope the owner doesn't mind. I'll post an actual pic asap.

These are two just plain awesome all tube amps that you don’t see very often. I may be interested in some very specific trades. I’ll put a list up shortly.

Thanks

Michael

2. eulogy77

eulogy77

interested in a mesa boogie strategy 500 and peavey tb raxx tube preamp, mesa has plenty of life left in tubes and the tb raxs comes with vintage mullard ecc83

3. phishaholik

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, and I totally would have jumped on that Mesa a year ago, but it's not what I'm looking for right now.

I'll try to get a trade list up soon. I'm sneaking onto TB between feeding my kids and getting them in bed. LOL

Michael

4. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

Wow! A TE Hexavalve! I have read nothing but rave reviews about this amp. :bassist:

Free bump!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fbny71

fbny71

OMG...lust!

GLWTS

7. bassteban

bassteban

I am in no position to even speculate on this, but here's a nice * trade bait list, please* bump. :)

8. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Yeah, put the kid down already and post that trade list. :p

9. phishaholik

LOL, I'm trying!! :D

I'm getting flooded with trade offers right now, so I'm returning messages as fast as I can. I'm really looking to sell, but there is certain gear that I need to replace these amps.

I'm basically trying to switch to a powerful micro head and a Jules Monique preamp/DI. I'd be really interested in getting a partial trade of a micro head like a Shuttle 9 or Markbass. Something that sounds good on its own but would be ideal for me to run the Monique into the effects return and use it as a power amp. Of course, if anyone has a Monique for trade, fat chance, I'm definitely down for that.

Feel free to run other trades by me, but this is what I'm really looking for. I'm very content with my basses right now. However, I might be persuaded to trade for a 6er like a Peavey Cirrus.

Thanks for all the interest!!!

Michael

10. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

that twin valve is screaming my name!!!!:bassist:

11. phishaholik

I believe all pm's have been replied to. I've been flooded with offers, so if I missed anyone, please speak up.

Thanks!!!

Michael

12. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

I need to quit looking at this thread.

13. phishaholik

Twin Valve sale/trade pending.

The Hexa Valve is still available. Since I got the micro amp that I needed, the Hexa Valve is for sale only at this point.

Thanks everyone!!!

Michael

14. phishaholik

Happy Thanksgiving bump!

Michael

15. phishaholik

Both are SOLD

Thanks everyone!!!

Michael

Thread Status: