1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

FS: Reid Hudson French Bow $2500 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Chris_Brunhaver, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver

SOLD, pending payment

Hello,

I'm selling my Reid Hudson French Bow. Reid bow's are among the best available and new examples currently sell for ~$4500. I am the second owner of this bow and have owned it for ~15 years, putting the age of the bow at about 25 years.

Other than a bit of a patina to the stick and the eye being slightly inset now, the bow plays and sounds very much like it always has a draws and rich and complex sound and is very responsive to changes in technique.

I did a couple of measurements, based on questions via PM. The bow weight is 140 g, based on a kitchen food scale. The active hair length is 21.375" or just over 54 cm.

There are two small dents on the tip that I tried to capture in the photos. Please email me for additional images.

Chris Brown and others have played this bow and can speak to the quality and authenticity.

I'm asking $2500 OBO shipped in the continental US.

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy Darrow

Jeremy Darrow

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz-Benz Amplifiers
    Would you ship this bow for trial?
  3. JPHYeoh

JPHYeoh

4. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver

Hello,

I can't take the liability of shipping out the bow without securing payment. I can certainly offer a refund, if it is doesn't suit your needs and is returned in its original condition. However, I would prefer to sell it to someone who is reasonably confident about wanting to keep it in the first place.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Meddle771

Meddle771

7. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver

SOLD to Meddle771 pending payment!