1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Reid Hudson French Bow $2500 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Chris_Brunhaver, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

SOLD, pending payment

Hello,

I'm selling my Reid Hudson French Bow. Reid bow's are among the best available and new examples currently sell for ~$4500. I am the second owner of this bow and have owned it for ~15 years, putting the age of the bow at about 25 years.

Other than a bit of a patina to the stick and the eye being slightly inset now, the bow plays and sounds very much like it always has a draws and rich and complex sound and is very responsive to changes in technique.

I did a couple of measurements, based on questions via PM. The bow weight is 140 g, based on a kitchen food scale. The active hair length is 21.375" or just over 54 cm.

There are two small dents on the tip that I tried to capture in the photos. Please email me for additional images.

Chris Brown and others have played this bow and can speak to the quality and authenticity.

I'm asking $2500 OBO shipped in the continental US.

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy Darrow

Jeremy Darrow

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz-Benz Amplifiers
    Would you ship this bow for trial?
  3. JPHYeoh

JPHYeoh

0   0   0

4. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Hello,

I can't take the liability of shipping out the bow without securing payment. I can certainly offer a refund, if it is doesn't suit your needs and is returned in its original condition. However, I would prefer to sell it to someone who is reasonably confident about wanting to keep it in the first place.
  5. Meddle771

Meddle771

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

6. Chris_Brunhaver

Chris_Brunhaver

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

SOLD to Meddle771 pending payment!