1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Ritter Roya 6 string fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by hippiesandwich, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Disclosures:
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Phenomenal looking and playing fretless 6 string. Super lightweight and resonant mahogany body, flamed maple neck with snakewood board. Side lines and dots. 34” scale (a rarity for Ritter 6 strings). Feels great and balances perfect on a strap (I don’t know how he does it). Includes hard/soft Ritter case.
    I spoke with Jens about this bass at NAMM a while back and he remembers this bass well as he confessed that he used it as his personal bass for a short time.

The only reason I’m selling this bass (and more to follow) is that we’ve moved into a smaller space and I don’t have the room. I’ve literally got basses sitting in storage over at my brother-in-law’s house and they should get played! That said, no trade offers please.

$4200 + shipping of your choice.
    Later this evening I’ll post detailed specs (including weight from a digital scale) and more pictures.

Pictures:
    http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/hippiesandwich/library/Ritter 6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. FretFree

FretFree

3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Suscribed. This is beautiful! What is the going rate to sell a kidney these days? Hehe. I think someone should begin a stopwatch and note the time it takes for someone to grab this.

Ok, I'm ready to sell my soul now. hehe
  4. oli@bass

oli@bass Supporting Member

Wow! What a beauty!

But six strings and fretless, that'd be too much to handle for me :eek:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hot Pocket

Hot Pocket Supporting Member

7. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

This is the epitome of bass luxury and class!
  8. asg618

asg618

Definitely would like to know the year and the weight of this bass. Also would like to know the ownership history and a description of the condition (any blems, dings, etc. that don't show in the pics?).

Thanks - she's a beauty for sure. I own a couple of Ritter Roya Concept basses, and a 6-string fretless would be a sweet addition!
  9. LaMarquis J

LaMarquis J

Just want to be clear that everyone knows that this is a Ritter Classic. Not a Roya. I owned one of these and they do sound great but there is a noticeable tone difference between the two Ritter models. Also the Classis has been discontinued so these basses are now officially collectors items and will now be even more difficult to come by. BUMP!
  10. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Disclosures:
    I'll research the year and get a digital weight. I can't find a blem on this bass other than the usual 'polishing swirls'. As I mentioned, Jens used this as his personal bass for a short time before sending to Brian at the LowEnd where I purchased it, so as far as I know I'm the only owner.

I just got hit with $4400 of emergency Vet bills so all reasonable offers will be entertained, thanks!
  11. mr. zero

mr. zero

12. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Disclosures:
    Thanks for that!

Weight is 4.1 kg (9.04 lbs).
    Original owner was Jorg Schroeder (of Schroeder cabinets) so I'm assuming (given Jorg's affiliation with the LowEnd) that the bass went from Jens, to Joerg to Brian to myself.

One subtle, oddball thing (to me at least) about this bass is that it has gold strap locks but black tuning gears. There is slight tear in the cloth interior of the case in a seam where the bottom of the body of the bass rests in foam.

http://www.ritter-instruments.com/certificates/0228.pdf
  13. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Disclosures:
    PRICE DROPPED TO $3200 + shipping
  14. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Disclosures:
    Bump for price drop. Last chance to get it here before it heads off for either auction or consignment.
  15. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    Can't PM from mobile app. I am in San Jose too and am highly interested. Can you PM me?
  16. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Disclosures:
    Done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.